Topic: Stock Transfer from HO to Branch

We normally transfer goods from manufacturing point to various branches of our company through stock transfer. How do I do the same in FA?

1. The stocks should get updated automatically in the transferred location (i.e. branch)

Re: Stock Transfer from HO to Branch

Warehouse Locations Feature.

Thanks for your quick reply. We keep 1)Sales, 2)GL and 3)Customer for each branch separately but the stock will be transferred from our central warehouse.

If we use the option of 'Warehouse location', will it to allow keep the above three option separately. If yes, how to do this?

4 (edited by apmuthu 01/13/2015 08:26:27 am)

I assume you are not using FA as yet since all Sales, GL and Customers are common in FA.

The possible way to keep them separate is to make the outlet branches as separate Dimensions.

1. If there are "N" branches, then make "N" separate Warehouse locations apart from the main default Central Warehouse.
2. Make each outlet branch operator only manage their warehouse and supplies outward to their (any in FA but manually restrict them by identifying them using some Customer prefix if the Dimension is insufficient) customers.
3. Let someone with the admin role manage all warehouses and the central one for transfers between them.

Thanks for your reply.   Yes we have not yet fully using FA, but we are trying to understand the system.

As for as accounting is concern, we are maintaining separate Bank, cash and GL accounts for each branch and sales outlet. if that is case, how would we manage the accounting system of each branch?

If u have any step by step, Please let us know.

Thanks
Towerfour

Keeping Branch, cash, and GL separate? Same Company or subsidiaries? Balance Sheet separate? Different customers?

Then run three separate companies and use different Voucher prefixes and then do some federated / merge of records into a consolidated company for full reporting.

Alternatively, use the dimension 1 for outlets and then manually enforce the usage of the specific Bank, specific cash accounts in each outlet and use prefixes for the debtors master for specific clients. There may be clients who buy from all the outlets.....