1 (edited by chenlit 01/07/2015 04:53:31 pm)

Topic: Dimensions and gl_trans table

Hello

I have a bit of a problem understanding the gl postings when I use dimensions. I am not sure if it's a bug.

My setup is like this:
Frontaccounting v. 2.3.21
Dimension type :1
Dimension name: Project 1

I create a supplier invoice (Tabsheet Purchases > Supplier invoices). I select a GL account (costs) and select "project 1" under Dimension. I click on "Create Invoice". The GL journal entry that is generated would look like this:

Code        Account Name        Dimension        Debit        Credit    Memo
1600    Creditors                                              10,00   
4499    Sales costs        Project 1        10,00       

The dimension is missing in the first line of the journal entry, which is a bit of a problem: when I check the balance sheet and filter on dimension "project 1" the numbers are inconsistent.

So I am not sure if I am missing something here. Or should the dimensions only be visible in the profit & loss sheets?

Re: Dimensions and gl_trans table

Yes, the dimensions only uses the profit / loss accounts. Otherwise the results will be biased.

Joe

Please elaborate it on the Wiki where this has been listed.

Please go ahead. I am busy right now.

Joe

I already wiki-ed it. I wanted to know if there are any more caveats to it's use that needs to be documented.

No, otherwise it is working just fine!

/Joe

7 (edited by panchovilla 01/07/2017 10:00:29 am)

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding this.

I have an item with a dimension X. When I buy this item for 100 usd, a transaction is added to the "Inventory GL account" so this Inventory account is increased in 100 usd for the dimension X. But when I sell this product for 150 usd, a transaction is made for the same account but the dimension is now 0 and not X, so it does not discount the Inventory for the dimension X.

I would like to have a Balance sheets for every dimension so I need to have all the accounts separated by dimension. And the sum of all the dimension balances should do the total balance..

Not sure if this is possible according to the comment that dimensions only uses the profit / loss accounts..

Thank you for your help.

FA v.2.3.25