Topic: Issuing additional items to WO

Hi,

I installed Front a few weeks ago and I have some problems issuing additional items to work orders.
I have plenty stock in hand but everytime I want to add items the system returns me the message: "The issue cannot be processed because it would cause negative inventory balance for marked items as of document date or later."

I have also noticed that when I place a Purchase Order that has not been received, I can see the amount to be received in the column "On Order" of the option Inventory Item Status, which I consider normal; but when I create a Work Order, once it has been issued but not yet closed, the required quantities appear in the same column. Therefore, it is impossible to me to separate goods that are to be received, from requirements of Work Orders.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Max

Re: Issuing additional items to WO

Please refer Forum Post and let us know if it fixed it for you.

The "id" field instead of the "component" field was being compared till now for "update_bom()" function!

And me too got problem, how can  I issue a WO. I tried a million times and all my quantity have sufficient amount in the stock but stil I can not issue a WO. Here's the error message given out."The issue cannot be processed because it would cause negative inventory balance for marked items as of document date or later!"
I also tried to follow this instruction -> https://github.com/apmuthu/frontaccounting/blob/master/core/manufacturing/work_order_issue.php and I changed the respective (work_order_issue.php) files but nothing changed. Please Joe and everyone around I need help here.

4 (edited by apmuthu 03/03/2015 02:42:54 pm)

Lines 101 to 106 in manufacturing/work_order_issue.php are:

$failed_item = $_SESSION['issue_items']->check_qoh($_POST['Location'], $_POST['date_'], !$_POST['IssueType']);
    if ($failed_item != -1) 
    {
           display_error(_("The issue cannot be processed because it would cause negative inventory balance for marked items as of document date or later."));
        return false;
    }

Try to comment out the above lines and see how it proceeds.

@joe: any variable scope and visibility issues?

Recently i discovered the bug maybe with some PHP versions about this, the way i fixed is changing it to this:

if (count($failed_item) > 0)
    {
           display_error(_("The issue cannot be processed because it would cause negative inventory balance for marked items as of document date or later."));
        return false;
    }

** Inside the IF statement i validate against the count() of the array instead just direct value.

Hope this helps.

What happens if $failed_item is either false or NULL / not set in some versions of browser / server php?