Topic: import multiple items adjustment

Hi,
I am wanting to import multiple items adjustment in the DB.
So, i looked how /inventory/adjustments.php?NewAdjustment=1&application=stock works.

I understand that:
1. Adjustments are recorded in the table 0_stock_moves.
2. The value of material_cost in 0_stock_master is updated to give an average value of the item cost.

However, there is 2 fields in the table 0_stock_moves which i am not sure about:

> person_id: I see it is a tinyblob. My feeling is that , this is user type of doing the request, but I am not sure. Especially some entries has a value of 0 so for sure it is not the user_id.

> trans_no: This seems to be an incremental value mapped with the stock_id, right ?

Also, is there any other tables except from 0_stock_master and 0_stock_moves that are impacted from item adjustment ?

Tx for your help

Maurice

Re: import multiple items adjustment

DavidMaurice wrote:

Also, is there any other tables except from 0_stock_master and 0_stock_moves that are impacted from item adjustment ?

Yes, adjusting the stock also generates some GL entries which are probably tricky to generate manually. I wouldn't recommend
adjusting the stock directly in the DB.

You can use the text cart module to do "bulk" adjustment (from a spreadsheet for example), even though it's has to be manual.

/Elax

any reason why person_id is a tinyblob?

it think the person_id is the supplier id. i was looking at the sql_audit table and the only table has person id that was queried was the supplier table.  I'm not really certain about this.

for the trans_no it is the incremental value mapped with the trans_no by type.

5 (edited by apmuthu 01/03/2015 07:56:11 pm)

This is now evident from the ERD at the Wiki.

Those who want to make the change can apply the following with the appropriate table prefix for each company:

ALTER TABLE `0_bank_trans` CHANGE `person_id` `person_id` INT(11) DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `0_budget_trans` CHANGE `person_id` `person_id` INT(11) DEFAULT NULL;
ALTER TABLE `0_gl_trans` CHANGE `person_id` `person_id` INT(11) DEFAULT NULL;