Topic: Purchase Orders show only products of Suppliers

Thanks for the great work you guys are doing.
One suggestion that I had, that would make things a lot easier for the purchase orders is this:

Make it so the drop down selection list of products on the Purchase Order Entry only shows the products for the supplier that is selected.

Right now you see all the products for all the suppliers.
This can make it difficult and slow to create purchase orders when you have lots of different products coming from lots of different suppliers, because you can't remember what products that particular supplier sells you and which ones they do not.

I think it is absolutely wonderful that we can enter the product pricing for the various suppliers we have and it would be perfect if we would just see the products for that supplier when placing a purchase order.

One other thing that might also be nice for Purchase orders is to be able to click on an icon in the Supplier Purchasing Data form that will go to the Purchase Order Entry form with that Supplier and Product information already selected.

This will make it easier and faster to place orders for companies that have many products that come from many different suppliers.

I hope that this request isn't too hard to implement because it would be very useful.

Thanks.

Re: Purchase Orders show only products of Suppliers

Thanks for nice words. You are right the Purchasing module is the module which need a lot of improvements. I think this changes will be addressed in 2.2.

Janusz

There is already a table, X_purch_data, in the database. This table contains all the information regarding the suppliers data, so this should be very simple to implement. Today these entries are updated every time GRNs and Supplier Invoices are entered.
In the beginning, however, the items have to inserted in some way with the whole list of items. But with a flag in setup, you might be able to select that you only want the supplier's items.
So, yes, this is a candidate for 2.2.

This feature might create another problem for multiple suppliers who provide the same product. I'm not sure how it is now (just started using) but wouldn't this mean that you would have to input multiple products for each supplier when they are the exact same product? I don't have plans to use this module but figured I'd ask for future reference.

Currently there is not much use from purchasing data, however we plan to improve this in next release. As far as it is implemented in accordance with FA programming philosophy used in the rest of the code, there should be no problem here. We try to have any natural default setting wherever we can use some optional data in FA. In this case when no purchasing data is defined for given supplier, inventory item description/uom should be retrieved for PO. Thisi is how I see this.
Janusz