Topic: create a new company

Hi all,

I was trying creating a new company.

After I logged in company 0 as admin, went to setup->Create/Update Companies, clicked "Create a new company",
nothing shows up!

What did I miss? Please help.

Thank you.
Eric

2 (edited by apmuthu 12/24/2014 05:37:09 pm)

Re: create a new company

check for errors in your webserver's error logs and in FA's tmp/error.log

From your other post, it appears your install has infected php files - clear that first and all will be well.

Hi apmuthu,

same problem still exsits after I clean installed the FA and restored database.
here's the error.log

[26-Dec-2014 09:00:40 America/Phoenix] 0::session.inc:401: include_once(./tmp/faillog.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[26-Dec-2014 09:00:40 America/Phoenix] 0::session.inc:401: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './tmp/faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php')
[26-Dec-2014 09:05:06 America/Phoenix] 0::session.inc:401: include_once(./tmp/faillog.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[26-Dec-2014 09:05:06 America/Phoenix] 0::session.inc:401: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './tmp/faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php')
[26-Dec-2014 09:15:43 America/Phoenix] 0::session.inc:401: include_once(./tmp/faillog.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[26-Dec-2014 09:15:43 America/Phoenix] 0::session.inc:401: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './tmp/faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php')
[26-Dec-2014 09:15:54 America/Phoenix] 0::session.inc:401: include_once(./tmp/faillog.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[26-Dec-2014 09:15:54 America/Phoenix] 0::session.inc:401: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './tmp/faillog.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php')
[26-Dec-2014 09:24:48 America/Phoenix] ::current_user.inc:651: opendir(../company//js_cache) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory

Thank you
Eric

4 (edited by apmuthu 12/27/2014 02:19:32 am)

It appears that your webserver process does not have the right to create files/folders in the webroot. This will affect your ability to create PDFs as well.

Create a file faillog.php in your FA webroot's tmp folder and let the webserver user have write access to it (may not be applicable to some Microsoft pre Win7 and non server OSes).

Wonder why "../company//js_cache" is coming up instead of "../company/0/js_cache" or some such company number in it.

Please check your config_db.php file to see if the subscripts of the db credentials array match. It is possible that your new company 1 did not get it's credentials written inside it.

@joe: please include
  faillog.php
  error.log
  cookie.txt
files as placeholders with dummy content in the repo to avoid such missives.

5 (edited by ericta 12/27/2014 03:42:39 pm)

Hi apmuthu,

Please see comments below.

apmuthu wrote:

It appears that your webserver process does not have the right to create files/folders in the webroot. This will affect your ability to create PDFs as well.

I can generate pdf files without any problem.

Create a file faillog.php in your FA webroot's tmp folder and let the webserver user have write access to it (may not be applicable to some Microsoft pre Win7 and non server OSes).

I'm using a shared Linux hosting server from godaddy.
the faillog.php exists in ~/faccount/tmp/
should I move it to root ~/tmp/ ?

Wonder why "../company//js_cache" is coming up instead of "../company/0/js_cache" or some such company number in it.

any way to correct this?

Please check your config_db.php file to see if the subscripts of the db credentials array match. It is possible that your new company 1 did not get it's credentials written inside it.

checked: config_db.php has correct db credentials.

@joe: please include
  faillog.php
  error.log
  cookie.txt
files as placeholders with dummy content in the repo to avoid such missives.

Thank you
Eric

What is your webroot. That will determine the path of the tmp folder which should be just below it. You will need to run some tests on your hosting environment with a phpinfo() report as well.

report PMed.

apmuthu wrote:

What is your webroot. That will determine the path of the tmp folder which should be just below it. You will need to run some tests on your hosting environment with a phpinfo() report as well.

8 (edited by apmuthu 12/27/2014 07:29:50 pm)

Your htaccess or some magento dependancy (apache conf) seems to be preventing FA from functioning as file includes path gets rewritten.

Contact GoDaddy for support.

I installed FA again. This time works!
Have no idea what's the problem...

Thank you for your time and happy new year everyone.
Eric

Great!
A nice new year reprieve!