1 (edited by bdika 12/19/2014 09:46:03 pm)

Topic: Only White Screen for Index.php after updating approx 6 SOLVED

I am using Front Accounting 2.3.21 on an Ubuntu server. I have been using it flawlessly for over a  couple of years. Today I went to the install/activate themes page and found that approximately 6 or 7 themes required updating. I updated each theme and found I couldn't switch to another page. I logged out and now get only a white screen when I try to login. The screen does not show any errors.

I would appreciate any help from anyone as this version of front accounting contains approximately 6 years of very detailed personal financial information.

I do have a very current backup.

Thank you.

Bill Dika

Re: Only White Screen for Index.php after updating approx 6 SOLVED

You can always go back to the default theme, by using phpMyadmin and find your database, and look up the users table. Find the theme field and write 'default' in the field without the ''s.

Then when going again then take a new backup and eventually change to the theme that used to work.

The themes are often maintained by other users, and we can not guarantee that they are updated.

Joe

Thank you Joe.

Bill Dika

You can also update the FA to the latest version and there are no database changes that affect your install since your existing version. The themes may have changed a little since your initial install. All changes in the themes can be tracked from my github repo.

Although themes may be maintained by other users, the signed package repo is maintained by the lead devs and the onus would be on them to provide for user run unsigned repos if wished, code for which exists in my github repo / FA Wiki as well.