Topic: Sales Quote Inquiry

When entering a Sales Quote there is a field called "Valid until:", this promts with tomorrows date.

If you complete a quote without changeing the date using Sales Order Inquiry you will not be able to see the quote after 2 days.

Most quotes are valid for 30 days, so my initial thought was for it to promt with the current date + 30.

But I dare say validity of quotes could vary by company so having it as variable in the company set up makes sense. This would enable faster entry of quotes as the operator will not need to change a date every time as the company standard would be prompted every time.

So I am proposing 2 changes:-

Company parameter of "Duration of Quote"

Allow "All Quotes" to be seen in Sales Order Enquiries by using a "Show Expired:" check box as per the "Show closed:" on the Journal Enquiry screen.

This would allow expired quotes to be retrieved and used.

Cheers

G

Re: Sales Quote Inquiry

Excellent idea.
@joe: can we get a new entry into the sys_prefs table and company preferences form for this and it's fallback in the config.php or in the scripts for backwards compatibility?

I guess we can fix a global variable in config.php for release 2.3 and later in 2.4 we can implement it in the sys_prefs and Company setup.

/Joe

After Consulting with Janusz, we have decided to add this entry in the System and GL Setup, Setup tab.

Three files were updated, /admin/gl_setup.php, /includes/prefs/sysprefsinc and /sales/includes/ui/sales_order_ui.inc.

The php files has been renamed to php1, due to that php files are not allowed to upload. Please rename to .php Before replacing.

The fix has gone to HG repository and the Changes are going to next minor.

/Joe

Post's attachments

gl_setup.php1 9.4 kb, 3 downloads since 2014-12-17 

sales_order_ui.inc 21.2 kb, 2 downloads since 2014-12-17 

sysprefs.inc 2.4 kb, 3 downloads since 2014-12-17 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Just tested this,

I went to GL set up and set Quote Valid Days to 30 and Delivery Required by to 10.

Logged off and on again.

Started Sales Quotation Inquiry, Quotation Date is 17/12/24 and the field titled "Valid Until:" is prompting with 27/12/14,  this is today's date plus the number in the Delivery Required by field set up on the GL set up screen. I would expect it to be 14/01/15.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

G

Strange, I did test it correctly.

Are you sure you did not test Sales Order Entry by mistake?

And did you replace all files correctly?

Joe

Sales Order Entry and Inquiry have different field titles, so i was not confusing them.

I have just tried it again and the dates are promting as expected so apologies for a false alarm.

Not sure what could explain it, I have not changed the files since and I logged off and on again just in case.

Must be operator error but can't determine here.

Cheers

G

Not a problem G, glad that you contributed with this issue.

Joe

We now need to synch these changes into the default Chart of Accounts:

INSERT INTO `0_sys_prefs` VALUES ('default_quote_valid_days', 'glsetup.sales', 'smallint', 6, 30);

The code is done to auto create this entry but adding it to the CoA's is just for completion sake.

No apmuthu, this is done automatically in gl_setup.php, line 97.

We can wait until release 2.4 with this.

Joe

Yes, I saw the automatic creation entry, but only wanted it for new installations to be complete. This will be useful in code analysis as well rather than searching all over the php files for all possible values.