1 (edited by asgare 12/03/2014 08:50:19 am)

Topic: An account hidden in chart of accounts

I have been working with FA for more than 2 years. It cost us a lot to customize and work on it. Almost for about two years we are putting all the accounting needs with FA. Nowadays we come across with a much wired phenomena.

Here is what happened to us:
Consider you can see [4010 - Sales] account in “Trial Balance” page but this account hidden when you are willing to use it in “Deposits” section. Since our language and numbers in other than English format I couldn’t post pictures to demonstrate very clearly.
Please help us!

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

Re: An account hidden in chart of accounts

If an account is inactive does not mean that is is not presented in the Trial Balance.

You can allways inactivate an account despite it's balance. If an account is activated you are preventing any use on this account in the future.

Joe

Dear joe

Thank you so much for your kind helps, ALWAYS

In our chart of accounts, we had an account with the code of [14001] which it is inside the class of “Receivables”. We used to use it via “Deposits” to balance customer and receivables accounts.
Nowadays we cannot see anymore, but whenever we go through “Journal Inquiry” we can see there and even we can enter data within it without any problem.
Our problem is, what happened? Why we can’t access to the account via “Deposits” section? Also I double checked that account is Active!

Asghar

Please use phpMyAdmin and open your database and look into the chart_master table. Look iff anything is strange for account 14001.

Joe

5 (edited by asgare 12/04/2014 06:11:51 am)

Every thing was fine there!

I am looking for a way to email you my database.
Could you plz give me your email address, I can't attach it via forum!

Asghar

Please use
joe dot hunt dot consulting at gmail dot com.

Joe

As I explained directly to you, you had defined the two accounts 14001 and 32001 as bank accounts as well.

It is not allowed to book into other bank accounts than the underlying, to avoid errors.

You will have to split the transactions.

/Joe

Thank you dear joe

It is understood, sometimes tracing accountant usage is very hard for technical person who has less accounting knowledge.

Asghar