1 (edited by timothy 10/27/2014 10:31:34 am)

Topic: Auto curruncy update and pos

Hello to all, i am new to frontaccounting but i must commend this forum and the initiators of this great project. Now to my question, 1. I want to know if the currency of my native country as configured by me will be auto updated by F.A software itself. Reason i ask this is that, i saw in one of the file where google,ECB, yahoo and bloomberg were coded as an array for update. So will F.A auto update against other major currencies in F.A ? 2. Please i would like to know the work of pos in F.A, is it for a pos payment or for receipt or for what? Am kind of lost. Please i need an understanding of the two questions. Thanks

Re: Auto curruncy update and pos

just goto Banking and general Ledgers-> Currencies,   

Here you can add your currencies here. the major currencies are update automatically as per the daily currency conversion rates.

if  you set your country currency as home currency in the Setup-> company Setup .

so it will be updated, when you process any other currencies, I mean the conversion rates added automatically.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

@kwaradha, thanks so much for your response. So going by what you said, the major currencies preconfigured with F.A will be updated automatically, hence my country currency too, please am i right? Also you didnt answer my 2nd question

Some currencies will not be there in some providers - mix and match at will.

1. Exchange rate is get from selected web source when first transaction on the day made in given currency is entered. So, if you do not make transactions on every day, you will not have complete exchange rate tables.
2. Every FA user have some POS setup selected. The setup defines which sales options are allowed for the user. POS options seems to be selfexplanatory.
Janusz