Topic: Annual Expense Breakdown Accounts

Hi,

Can anyone suggest an easy way of changing the Annual Expense Breakdown to show all accounts, whether there is any transactions for them or not?

At the moment, the report only shows accounts that have been used for each dimension, whereas we would really like to see all accounts in the chart, even if they are zero.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

2 (edited by apmuthu 10/06/2014 06:48:02 pm)

Re: Annual Expense Breakdown Accounts

You need to modify the file reporting/rep705.php by seeing if the "if" wrapper is needed in lines 146 to 156:

//Display Type Summary if total is != 0 OR head is printed (Needed in case of unused hierarchical COA) 
    if ($printtitle)
    {
        $rep->row += 6;
        $rep->Line($rep->row);
        $rep->NewLine();
        $rep->TextCol(0, 2,    _('Total') . " " . $typename);
        for ($i = 1; $i <= 12; $i++)
            $rep->AmountCol($i + 1, $i + 2, ($total[$i] + $ctotal[$i]) * $convert, $dec);
        $rep->NewLine();
    }

I have commented out all these lines, but it seems to have removed the sub-totals for each account group, but it still doesn't show the unused accounts.

I am struggling with the code so I really appreciate your help, and am happy to provide any further information if it will help.

Thanks and regards.

4 (edited by apmuthu 10/08/2014 08:28:45 am)

You must not comment out / remove all these lines. Just remove the if wrapper so that all lines will print - replace them with:

// Display all lines
        $rep->row += 6;
        $rep->Line($rep->row);
        $rep->NewLine();
        $rep->TextCol(0, 2,    _('Total') . " " . $typename);
        for ($i = 1; $i <= 12; $i++)
            $rep->AmountCol($i + 1, $i + 2, ($total[$i] + $ctotal[$i]) * $convert, $dec);
        $rep->NewLine();

Hi,

Sorry... I have just commented out the if block as you have above. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same result.

I can send you sample reports if this will help.

Clear browser cache. Logout and login again. Crear the js cache from the company folder and the and template cache as well.

Hi, I've cleared all the cache but it's still the same. It is showing all the account classes and account groups whether used or not for a dimension, but not the acutal accounts unless there has been at least one transaction for this account during the year.

Isn't that what you wanted - to display all?

Hi, thank you for all your help. It may be a big job to get things how I would like them, and I was hoping it was a simple change but I'm getting lost in the code.

Just to explain a bit further... when I run an annual expense breakdown I get all the classes and account groups showing with the accounts underneath, but I only get accounts where they have been used. For example, I will see:

Revenue
      Service Revenue
              Automotive Services    $1000
              Mechanical Services     $500
              General Engineering     $750
       Total Service Revenue         $2250     

If I run an Annual Expense Breakdown for the General Engineering dimension only then the Automotive and Mechanical accounts disapper because there's none of this revenue in this dimension. All the totals in each spreadsheet for each dimension shift up and down, and nothing lines up between dimensions. In addition, the reports during the year for any one dimension will change format if we use an account that had not been used previously. I would like to see the all accounts in the report whether used or not, but the value at zero because there's no transactions.

So, in effect, when I run an annual expense breakdown, I would like it to produce a "standard" format, with the totals all on the same lines between dimensions, and all the accounts showing (with a value of 0 if not used in this dimension). This will also mean that an AEB/down run in January will have everything in the same place as one run in July, where we have used extra accounts in June and July (for example).

I hope that I have explained it a little better, and I really appreciate your help with this. The AEB/down is a report that we used all the time, and the excel format is excellent. We would like to use this to standardize reorting.

If by July you have introduced new accounts then the two would not match.

Hence use something like WinMerge or some diff program to compare both reports and then you can make do with the reports as they are.