1 (edited by apmuthu 09/23/2014 02:34:29 pm)

Topic: FA Website visitors - India leads

India, Kenya and Canadian IPs seem to be the biggest visitors according to Google Analytics.

Post's attachments

FA_Country_Stats_2014-09-23.png 45.4 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Re: FA Website visitors - India leads

Well, I guess that you are one of the helpers smile.

According to the awstats on frontaccounting.com the visitors for september are as the file below:

/Joe

Post's attachments

frontacc_countries_sep.png 48.3 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

3 (edited by apmuthu 09/23/2014 05:39:52 pm)

It is possible that all .com, .net and .org hostnames are assumed to be from US in AWStats. The sitestats I had put up was for pages that had google analytics / ads in them and relied on GeoIP for source determination. Surprised that Kenya does not figure in the stats between India and Canada. Try updating the GeoIP in AWStats if it is used.

Actually, I find quite a lot of enquiries for FA in India recently and wondered how it grew. "Tally" is the leading brand of Accounting software here in India but customers are getting fed up with the licence activation system now that their servers seem to be getting virus and power related breakdowns frequently. Many are now looking for a skin to ape the Tally look and feel to reduce the learning curve.

I have not run a single commercial install of FA till date and have only supported others installs and that too not in India. FA has been more of an example project to convince wannahaves of the maturity of Open Source.

I would like some repo site stats too to be published - that would be more on the usage side.

Maybe we need a General Topic on the FA Forum.

If you Go into frontaccounting.com website. Select 'Downloads', then select 'Download Statistics SourceForge'.

Then when inside the download statistics, press the top country, and you will see a detailed list of  countries.

Allright, this download statistics are showing the total downloads. When new releases are shipped we get dublicate users that downloads.

However, Kenya is in the list here.

Joe

5 (edited by apmuthu 09/24/2014 04:56:54 am)

Thanks Joe. The number of downloads since 1st May 2014 (FA v2.3.21 was released in May 2014) shows the US, India and Indonesia leading in that order quite closely but the rest of the world is less than 50% of the lowest of these.

This info should be useful for consultants to offer their services in virgin territories.....or position themselves where the fish are.

Post's attachments

FADownloads_v2.3.21.png 17.2 kb, file has never been downloaded.