Topic: Adding extra material which is not in BOM

Hello,

I just need some advice in modifying FA. Currently, I must create a work order that stated all material and cost that will be needed in the production. The material includes packaging material, like plastic bag ord anything else, which is different in every production. So, I think the packaging material is not needed in Bill of Material and must added while creating work order. I already tried the work order entry and see the issue and cost. Can I use this two menus for this kind of requirement that I need? And how do I handle some failed production? Thank you.

Re: Adding extra material which is not in BOM

And I want to ask some advice. While creating work order, I need to create some form that named Request for Material. This form is basically a form that used to ask purchasing to buy raw material that lacked for production that stated in work order. Where is the best place to add this menu? Is it before releasing the work order or after releasing the work order? I don't know where is the best place because I don't understand the meaning of releasing work order in practical.

i think there is a module called requisitions that has been created. perhaps it meets your requirements?

to be honest, i haven't tried it, so i don't know if you can automatically create the purchase request from work order if there is lack of item quantity with that module or not.

4 (edited by nehaali 09/17/2014 11:25:36 am)

Well, as I told in another topic, I am not an expert in Manufacturing. These routines were written by somebody else several years ago.
Maybe someone in the audience can help us, or you may be the guy smile. Just try to explain in simple terms what should be changed. Thank you in advance.;......M.........