Topic: Is there anyway to convert into the latest version

Hello to you,

I hv been using FrontAccounting for two years.

How to upgraded into the latest version?

Please guide and advised.

Thanks & Regards,
Steven
email : stvhui@yahoo.com

Re: Is there anyway to convert into the latest version

If you wish to do it manually on a staged site, send me your existing version number and what extensions you are using and then provide a sql and web dump - pm me. Upgrade will not be straightforward and it s possible your data may get mangled. The config file too will need some new variables although the devs have taken good care to make it backward compatible.

Hello Apmuthu,

I'm not quite understanding.

As Dz mentioned, if frontaccounting hv included the way to upgrade, why should do it manually?

Or I missed up something? or Is there any risk that I don't know about upgrading?

If so, What is the best-practice to upgrade?
I'm concerning about changing the structure of tables

Please advice & thanks in advance

Regards,
Steven

if you upgrade FA. Just take a copy of existing one. Also remember, there are updates with codes and database tables. So it will affect your existing data surely. better get an expert to do this all.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Across some versions especially across the last few ones, only certain files have changed and any new settings in the config file have been provided with sane defaults for backward compatibility (check the config.php.default for changes). There may practically be no changes in the last few sql files as well and in such cases, it would be easier to just overwrite with changed files. The latest too has been provided in the release announcement post.