1 (edited by t2webby 03/24/2009 04:54:15 am)

Topic: Customer / Supplier Balances

For the balances report. If I choose an end date that is from the past, the outstanding balance shown in accounts are not reflective of the past because the date of allocation doesn't seem to be accounted for in the query.

For example: If I wanted to see the balances from a month ago but have allocated some invoices this month, technically these invoices shouldn't SHOW as allocated on this particular report. Shouldn't the report account for the date in which the invoice was allocated as well?

Re: Customer / Supplier Balances

The end date is here used to limit printout to old, not allocated transactions. This is not for retrieval of customer balances status on given date. For me this is right, as usefulness of historical balances is disputable, while selecting only very old unallocated transactions is not.

Janusz

Hello
I have a problem in the Supplier balance report. It shows invoices or payments from previous fiscal year.
Is it possible to restrict the list to the current fiscal year?

Yes, it is possible, but then we will need to show an opening balance as the first line. Does the report get too long?

/Joe

I think that an opening balance at the first line is a good idea. I don't think that one more line is a problem

Ok, this will be implemented in 2.2.

/Joe

This is now committed to CVS unstable (2.2). Files: /reporting/reports_main.php, /reporting/rep101.php and /reporting/rep201.php.
In a while I guess Janusz will push this to demo 2.2 site, http://fa2.iron.from.pl.

/Joe

I'm using version 2.1.3. Just installed it but I can't view customer balances. I'm relying on the sample data anyway. Any help?