1 (edited by mudds 07/07/2014 03:27:34 am)

Topic: Install Language/Themes/Extensions blank

Hi.  I have installed FA on local servers without issue however trialing an install today on a VPS caused the following problem.

FA seems to be working fine but the Install/Activate Themes, Extensions, Chart of Accounts or Language gives a blank list under the column headings.  Using debug 1' gives the following error:

"Call to undefined function gzopen() in /home/virtual_server_name/public_html/FA_directory/includes/packages.inc on line 165"

The VPS is using Virtualmin with Webmin vs 1.690 on Ubuntu 14.04, Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.5.9, MYSQL

Cheers
Andy

2 (edited by mudds 07/07/2014 03:57:55 am)

Re: Install Language/Themes/Extensions blank

Hmm...thats an interesting one.  Seems to be a problem with Ubuntu 14.04.  I did a google search and found others had had trouble with a 'gzopen' call.  It seems to be a bug.

As they suggested I replaced the two times "gzopen" is in 'includes/packages.inc" to "gzopen64" and it now displays the list but when I cant activate the extensions etc.

So not a problem with Front Accounting but a combination problem with Ubuntu 14.04.

Not sure where to go from here but to downgrade the VPS to an earlier version of Ubunutu.

Cheers
Andy
Here is the link I found:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2217927

PS Saw another post on FA forum that says upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 "broke" Front Accounting.

There is a problem in your php library,

it doesnot enabled  Zlib.  use phpinfo().

to whether the library is enabled or not.

There is no problem with your Ubuntu. Dont worry about this small issue.

with Cheers,

Kvvaradha
(admin of Kvcodes.com).

if you are interested, test my custom theme for frontaccounting here.

http://www.kvcodes.com/2014/01/front-accounting-theme-kv-varadha/

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

OK checked with phpinfo and I see multiple references to zlib 1.2.8 so looks like it is enabled.

Andy

Did you ever find the solution to this? I'm having the same issue.