Topic: User Access Level and Speed

Hi,

I have a user " ABC "  who is handling both Production Manager and Stock Manager

So can we assign this user " ABC " to both above access level  at a time ?

As i have emp code in my user table .. which is unique for every user.

hence how i can manage this , as i don't want to create same user twice ( as i have unique Emp. code ) .. as he is handling both access level at a time.

In short i think user should be allowed to give multiple access level .

Also all links are working slow ... means when i click on any link it taking atleast 1min .. loading is too slow ..it was working fine ... i have changed 2-3 server.

Re: User Access Level and Speed

I taught i am alone for hanging Issues .. but when i search in form .. i have seen many similar issues ..

Admin / developer should look into the mater urgently

one is below  : this happen to me many time ... its get hang and then i get 500 error .. i have switch to many server ..

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=4835

Please report what is inside /tmp/errors.log.

Also set the $go_debug flag to 1 or 2 in config.php to help track any strange things happening.

Joe

yes i have already set debug = 1

also no error is log unerlog file.. just it get hang and then i have to restart my browser // else w8 for time .

But what about User Multiple Access Level.. PLS do this

And if you cant include this logic in u r FA newer version , then can you pls guide me how i can include the same in my FA folder code files..

As i need ... user which i am creating can be assign to multiple ACCESS LEVEL and he can have access to his assigned pages at a time .. means as in my office a stockmanager have access to many level .. hence i cant create his user 2-3 time ... as this is useless to login him 3 time with different user name ... if at user creation i assign him 3 access level at a time then he has right to view 3 pages or level at a time..

hope u have understand this .. and i think it should be integrated in FA also ..if any one want he can 1 access level to user or multiple level to user ..depending upon his ROLE in his office .

pls help me .. its bit urgent for me

We do not have Resources to change the core, if this is not a major request from users, and other users will not suffer from that.

/Joe

hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply.

I think its should be taken in Newer version .. as safe extra  user creation...

ok can u guide me how i can start and what major step should be taken ,, and what file need to be taken care .. so taht i can try myself .. as  i need to make this ..as in my office there is one user who have access to 2 level and he dont want to login with 2 login id ..he want one single login for both access level ..

so can u guide me pls ...which which file need to be change and what are step ..

I am sorry. What I meant was that we do not have resources to help changing the core, if there is not a major request from a majority of users. You can use the forum Jobs wanted / Offered.

Joe

Joe bro,

I am also php prog. but newbie ... hence my company has hired me to do the changes ... hence can u guide me if i need to make multiple acess level for user then what and which file i need to change ..also session etc.. can u guide me this much?

I am planning for 2 Changes :

Once is Access level - Sub Access Level

second one is User assign to Multiple Access level and Sub Access level

But my first priority is to : User assign to multiple access level.

From my point this are major point which had to taken :

But please help me how i can start as its bit difficult for me to understand all pages ..so if i get help in which pages i need to do ? ..then it would be easy for me

Admin ,

Please help me .. if you cant then mail me or pm me the step what i need to do ... or which file need to be taken care ...i know user.php .. but how its call in session etc ..can guide me pls

Hello Please help me ,

as i tried :

changing User table : role_id type from int(11)  To  varchar(256) .. so that i can assign multiple id to users ( as : 2,3) where 2,3 are access level resp.

but after that what i need to do ..i am bit confuse as there are many security level and session which bit confusing me ..pls help me

Hello tester1,
I'm not sure I understand correctly your request, but take a look at this page, it may be what you are looking for:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=886

regards,
Carmelo

Hey carmelr ,

Thanks for reply .. yes that is the page for details ...

but if insert 2 role in role_id type..

hence do i need to define 2 access level page_security : on the particular page ?

or via session it will work.

bit confusing

Going back to your original requirement ...

Can't you create a new role for this user and then allow access to the sections you want this user to access?

If I got this wrong, then you might need to explain yourself better!!!

Regards,
carmelo

Carmelr,

I have 2 access level ( or for properly understanding let say DEPARTMENT ) means access level = department in my FA .

hence 2 department ( access level ) are :  Stock and Product .

Now i have a USER who have access to both department ( access level ) thats stock and product in my company .

Hence as per FA we can assign single access level ( department ) to users . but in my case i want to assign this user to both department ( access level ) thats stock and product at a same time .. so that he can access both sections at a single login itself.

Hope u r now clear about my logic.

OK, let's try this and see if it solves your problem:
1. Go to Setup tab and then choose Access Setup.
2. (We are going to create a new Role) Enter the Role Name e.g. Stock-Product Manager
3. Check the boxes so that you allow the user with this role the functionality required, example check the Inventory configuration; the Inventory operations and so on.
4. Create a user and assign him the role just created.

Let us know if this solves your problem.

18 (edited by tester1 06/11/2014 12:50:58 pm)

Hmm that what I also taught first, but issues is that WHILE getting report  i should get entry of user as per department ..

means if he has done entry in stock then in report i should get his entry of department as stock .. not combination of stock-product .. else it would be difficult for us to identify entry properly as per access level or department wise

entry and its report system is my requirement in FA ..which is working fine ... only problem with multiple access level  ..

Thanks

Any One ? , guys pls help me out sad

any masters here

phpGACL can to be plugged in if the ZendACL is not easily understandable / implementable.

22 (edited by tester1 07/02/2014 12:18:55 pm)

Hey can you brief me how i can use the same with FA ... as i need Single user with multiple Access level.

secondly .. i have one custom .php page  while opening this .. i also get 500 internal server error ..but same page works fine in my local-host ... let you know about my custom .php :- its has 1 select query follow by 2 insert query and then 2 update query and then again insert query ... in-short  while insert a new record above all query get fire ...

but i don't know why its to slow while open the page ... as all above query run only after new record get insert.. hence its should get slow while insertion ...

i contact my server person he told me : u need to optimism your query ..within disk .. but i didn't get what he me to say .. can any one help me.. how i can optimism such long query so that my all page get open fast ..