Topic: Dashboard Module and Theme - 500 Internal Server Error

I am experiencing a 500 Internal Server Error when I tried to click on the dashboard setup/reminder setup.

I also see a blank page when I click on the dashboard tab on the top menu. I think I have followed the installation instructions faithfully.

However I do see the widgets in action when I click on the Sales, Purchasing, Items and Inventory, Banking and General Ledger.

I am on the latest 2.3.19 version. Php gd2 is installed on my server. I tried clearing the js cache, same 500 error.

This is a wonderful add-on and I would like it to work. Please help.

Thanks.

peter.

Re: Dashboard Module and Theme - 500 Internal Server Error

It may be that the tables have not been added to the database. That is only done when the dashboard module is activated.

Please check that you have the dashboard module installed, as well as the dashboard theme, and that the dashboard module is activated for each company. Select the extensions drop down list at the top of the install/activate extensions form, and tick the active check box for the dashboard module.

I checked the following.

1. The 2 tables are added to the database.

2. I have installed the module and activated it for the company as the admin. I have installed the theme and activated it as well. I managed to get the dashboard icon in the top menu and the 2 dashboard/reminder setups on the left side. Done what you have listed out.

3. The widgets is live when I click on the top menu at various tabs - Sales, Purchases etc. The data from widget is working and functional and I can see changes whenever I change/update data. I have also managed to get the purchasesinvoice widget to appear and work by changing the values in the table.

4. What do not work are the 3 tabs, ie Dashboard on the top menu, Dashboard & Reminder Setup. It gives a 500 error.

I am puzzled. From the screenshots of these tabs, I know I am missing something. I know I can adjust the value in the tables to get the widgets to be functional and they are live and functional on my setup.

Any advice to resolve this?

Clear Cache in server and browser

Dear sir
I having the same problem and i've tried to Clear Cache in server and browser
but i still have the same problem
i just wonder if this cause by the wrong permission in /modules/dashboard
because when i tried in my local network it works just fine

Any suggestion ?

A 500 error is normally a configuration problem on the server side. It has failed to create the page in response to the request. Look in the tmp directory within your FA directory and check the contents of the error.log file. That should tell you what the problem was. If you need help on interpreting that, post the error message and people will be able to help.

I looked at error.log and this came up :
[18-Jun-2014 17:47:39] 1:admin:gettext.php:72: putenv() [<a href='function.putenv'>function.putenv</a>]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LC_ALL' - it's not in the allowed list

[18-Jun-2014 17:47:39] 1:admin:gettext.php:73: putenv() [<a href='function.putenv'>function.putenv</a>]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANGUAGE' - it's not in the allowed list

but i dont knows what's it means, can you help me?

If you google: Cannot set environment variable 'LC_ALL'
you will find some suggestions on what might be wrong.
One possible reason is that your hosting service has 'safe_mode' enabled.

I managed to resolve the 500 error.

The permission on the two files dashboard_setup.php & reminder_setup.php was set incorrectly at 664. I corrected it by changing them to 644.

Hope this helps.

Changing permissions as above also worked for me.

Wynand