Topic: Purchase Invoice Posting to GL incorrectly

I hope someone can help me, my Purchase Invoices look fine, but when I view the related GL Journal Entry they have posted incorrectly. Here is an example:

I have created a Purchase Order for goods that are £100 net with 20% VAT. I receive all the goods and post the GRN. I create a Purchase Invoice linked to this and I add shipping using the quick entry Supplier Shipping that I have set up. This adds 2 lines for me: VAT (20%) of £1 and Carriage £5. I now have: Invoice sub-total £105, Tax (20%) £21, Invoice total £126. Perfect.

However, when I check the GL entries after posting the Invoice it tells me that it has posted 6 entries:
DR VAT £21, DR VAT £1, DR Carriage £5, DR Stock £100, CR Creditors Control Account £126, CR Foreign Exchange Gain £1.

It appears to be posting the VAT related to the shipping twice and then posting the difference to a foreign exchange account. I only use pounds and haven't touched anything to do with foreign exchange settings.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks, Liz

Re: Purchase Invoice Posting to GL incorrectly

Haven't heard about this before. Will have a look ay this.

Joe

You have discovered a bug. We have fixed it now, but are testing for eventually side-effects. Will be fixed asap.
We will put a file here for download when ready.

Thanks for detecting this.

/Joe

Thanks for looking at this so quickly, Joe.

Hello,

This has now been fixed. There was a similar bug in the supplier Credit note.

You can download the files, /purchasing/includes/supp_trans_class.inc and  /purchasing/supplier_credit.php1.

Rename the file supplier_credit.php1 to supplier_credit.php.

Then replace these files in respective folder.

The issue is fixed with these two files.

You can also wait until later tonight. A new minor release 2.3.21 is released then and you can just download from Sourceforge.net/Projects/frontaccounting, and update your existing installation.

/Joe

Post's attachments

supplier_credit.php1 10.2 kb, 1 downloads since 2014-05-21 

supp_trans_class.inc 7.5 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.