Topic: Sales order entry cannot check Item after upgraded to 2.1RC

Don't know why, the check item code function does not return any item information after we upgraded to 2.1RC. The demo 2.1 beta on FA website works beautifully but it is not the case at our installation. Does anyone has idea what might be missing?

The item check function on po entry works beautifully however.

Re: Sales order entry cannot check Item after upgraded to 2.1RC

I'm not sure what do you mean talking about 'check item code function'.
After source upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.1 version you need to run db upgrade process. Please follow instructions in update.html file in main directory for details.

Janusz

Yes! I followed all the instructions in update.html carefully. Indeed, I had read it many times and ensure every steps are correct. I also run the db upgrade process.
What I mean is:- on the sales order entry page, there is an item code box. Usually, after we enter item code on the box, the system will respond immediatley with the selection/entries updated on the item description, price boxes. This function does not work on my installation whilst it works on FA demo site.

Check your Company Setup settings. If Search Item List checkbox is selected item selector on sales order page will not follow code entry. On start item selector has only one single option in this case.

Janusz

Yes, the search item list box is checked. After checking in details, I have found that the FA2.1RC works fine with the sample database but not the database upgraded from FA2.0. It seems something wrong with the db. I ran the alter2.1.sql and then forced upgrade on FA2.1RC to upgrade the db. Have I missed anything?

You are right btsui. There is a small bug in ui_lists.inc line 712 (should be "i.description"). CVS has been updated.
Thanks.

Unfortunately, the issue still persists after updated to the new version from CVS!

Before the fix the search box have not performed search on item description, only the code. Now this is fixed and works right. Anyway search by item code fragment should work even without the fix.
If you have no reaction on changed item search box content you should check also if the company/X/js_cache directory is writable for www server. This is checked and displayed on install page, but if you simply unpacked 2.1 tarball in new place you could forgot to check the permissions. In this case javascript cache is not working and browser side searching also is disabled.
Janusz

The company/X/js_cache directory is double checked writable for www server. Moreover, the the search box in item works on po entry and item maintenance.

There is some misunderstanding here, so once again to clarify:

btsui wrote:

Yes, the search item list box is checked. After checking in details, I have found that the FA2.1RC works fine with the sample database but not the database upgraded from FA2.0. It seems something wrong with the db. I ran the alter2.1.sql and then forced upgrade on FA2.1RC to upgrade the db. Have I missed anything?

When Search Item List box in company setup is checked on, the item list has only one position on start. So I understand you have done the test with checkbox set to off, or after entry * in code box then going forth to list and back to code box. Now the list does not follow keys pressed in item code box.
I see only the following possible reasons:
. javascript routine which synchronize item list position with item code box content does not work, or
. for some reason there are inccorect values of options in item list selector.

The former possibility could be effect of some incorrect upgrade of database. You can check if the item codes are right in list selector after display page html source in browser (e.g. in FireFox  you can select part of the page containing the item list selector and select View Source Code from popup menu).

I cannot reproduce the problem, so I cannot fix it without your help.
Janusz