Topic: Restored hosting account problems with FA

One one of the shared hosting domains, we had a crash of the server. The hosting provider only had a backup of 20/02/2014.

All other backup's were lost. The provider then restored the backup which included FA database and files. Now FA does not want to print any reports.

I did the following:

1. Restored the database and tables (Did not work)
2. Reloaded FA 2.3.19 (Did Not work)
3. Looked at System info and it kept on showing installation file to be removed. There is no installation file at that point. The Backup screen also continued to show old backups that was removed.
4. Installed the new 2.3.20 (Did not work - FA still sees it as 2.3.19. Cleaned the browser cache and used different browsers.)
5. Deleted the whole data base and created new database. (Did not work. FA shows splash screen and does not want to do reinstall) Login Screen still shows 2.3.19 although I installed clean 2.3.20)
6. Removed the config and config.db files, still showed 2.3.19 and was running without these files. Do not know how this is possible.

Any advice will be appreciated. Have searched the forum but could not find something similar.

Wynand

Re: Restored hosting account problems with FA

PM me the details and possibly the sql dump zipped. Will try a schema compare for what might be needed. Did you install any extensions?

3. Looked at System info and it kept on showing installation file to be removed. There is no installation file at that point. The Backup screen also continued to show old backups that was removed.

I see no other explanation, than that you are watching not to the same folder which Apache uses running FA .
Janusz

Janusz

You are correct. It seemed that their was difference in pointing and what we saw on the main domain.

The host then send me a link to the server of the shared account that is a temporary link. The install was then successful and the site is reading the version file correct. It also seems that after the server crash the PHP and Mysql was not installed correctly. Once they host fixed that the problem was resolved.

Thank you for everyone's help.

big_smile

Regards
Wynand

Wynand