Topic: On going delivery

If the delivery took some time (i.e. 2 weeks) and we must create monthly report for finance depertment, how I can handle the goos that still on the delivery? Practically, this goods doesn't create COGS account i profit and loss because the customer hasn't received it yet. In my company, the delivered goods that still on the way have it's account in journal. So, the CoA pair for delivery is not finished goods stock and COGS, but finished goods stok and on the way goods. After it has received, a ournal that pair on the way goos with COGS account will created. Is it possible to do this in FA?

Re: On going delivery

I am not sure, but maybe this is an accounting question. Which accounts should be used during the process.

/Joe

Create a Goods in Transit account and use a journal voucher to move it to the customer when it reaches the destination.

apmuthu wrote:

Create a Goods in Transit account and use a journal voucher to move it to the customer when it reaches the destination.

I agree with you. My plan is to modify some database in stock master.  I will add an account for delivery on the way and use this account instead of COGS while creating delivery. In delivery list, instead of directly create invoice, I will add a button to move the delivery on the way to COGS. After that, invoice can be created. So it's like adding 1 step after delivery order. But it will take time to do this sad