Topic: Different users are trying to use the same invoice number

When different users from different locations are trying to create at exactly the same time an invoice, one succeeds and the rest of them get the message that the invoice number has already being used. So we need to go to FORMS setup to change the reference invoice number to be able to proceed. What do we need to do ?

Best Regards,
Chris

Re: Different users are trying to use the same invoice number

Earlier we had an automatic updating of the next reference number but this was removed for some reason I cannot recall.

Maybe Janusz can tell.

Joe

So let me understand this. FrontAccounting does not support multiple users creating invoice at the same time? I'm using the latest version 2.3.18.

Best Regards,
Chris

Oh yes, this should work but I am not sure about how this works technically. Please wait for Janusz comments.

Two invoices can be enetered by two different users at the same time, but obviously they invoice number hav eto be unique. FA uses database transactions, so there is no way to entry two invoices at the same time: just one will be stored, and second user will encounter error message. Then you just have to incement the invoice number suggested in input field and try store the invoice again. You do not need to abandon edition and change the number in Forms Setup.
Janusz

I think the OP is talking about reference number not invoice number. See my answer to a similar thread
there

itronics wrote:

Two invoices can be enetered by two different users at the same time, but obviously they invoice number hav eto be unique. FA uses database transactions, so there is no way to entry two invoices at the same time: just one will be stored, and second user will encounter error message. Then you just have to incement the invoice number suggested in input field and try store the invoice again. You do not need to abandon edition and change the number in Forms Setup.
Janusz

I agree with Janusz. When I train multiple people at a company it happens. Then the person who receives the error message can just resubmit their invoice and it then allocates the next number, otherwise just update the invoice.

Wynand