Topic: Error message when setting up

Hey all,

Pretty new to setting up this kinda thing, so any help would be much appreciated!

I've managed to work my way through the first few steps (got Ubuntu server working, have the right folders writable etc) but when I hit the last button "Install FrontAccounting" I get the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /var/www/frontaccount/install/save.php on line 340

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/frontaccount/install/save.php:340) in /var/www/frontaccount/install/save.php on line 70

Again, I'm fairly new and don't understand how the computer and lose connection with itself (I've installed ubuntu-desktop to get a gui, but I'm still using a command line for most of it). I've got Firefox up and running on the server and now I'm lost!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

lloydlloyd

Re: Error message when setting up

Hello lloydlloyd
Google is your friend.
According to discussion on mysql forum about this Ubuntu related issue you can try to set 'localhost' as mysql server address instead of IP or site name:
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?52,151255,151255

Janusz

Re: Error message when setting up

Hey there,
Thanks for your reply.
After changing from the server name to 'localhost' I got another error message saying I had the wrong username and password.
turns out I needed to use 'root' and not the login I had been using to get into webmin for administration.
But thanks a lot for your help!