Topic: English user interface to accommodate Arabic characters

Hello,

I have installed FA 2.3.19 on a 64 bit Linux Ubuntu machine and have a few questions about languages. I chose English when doing my initial install but now have added Arabic by doing the actions listed far below.

I am now able to display the FA  user interface in Arabic and English and generate Arabic reports. My problems are as follows:

Firefox follows the <head profile content information and uses  the charset=iso-8859-1 for FA English users. This results in non-readable currency symbols for countries that use an Arabic symbol.
Furthermore, if any text information is inserted by an Arabic user, this is not displayed properly for English users – even if I use a web browser that I can force into UTF-8 encoding. My MySQL database is of Collation utf8 collation.

Is there a way to change the web page header content so that UTF-8 encouding is used even if the user is using English language?

Is there a way for the user interface and reports to show Arabic characters properly even if the user has chosen English language?

In summary, I would like the English user interface to accommodate Arabic characters – both on the screen and in reports.

Below are things I have done.

Modified the  /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local to contain
en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8
ar_EG.UTF-8 UTF-8

I did a sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
and restarted MySQL.

I downloaded ar_EG 2.x ar_EG228.zip and placed the .po and .mo files at /var/www/EH_Accounting/lang/ar_EG/LC_MESSAGES and set the owner to www-data

I  downloaded and installed the ae_tholoth.php file

Doing a locale -a results in ar_EG.utf8 and en_US.utf8 among other things.

Thanks,

Ray

Re: English user interface to accommodate Arabic characters

@ ../lang/installed_languages.inc file
Try to change the line:
'encoding' => 'iso-8859-1',
to
'encoding' => 'utf-8',
and then see the different

Re: English user interface to accommodate Arabic characters

Thank you Mustafa. Your above suggestion exactly solved my problem!

I tried to leave a message here soon after you left your response however it appears that I posted it incorrectly and it is not showing.

Anyway, I am very pleased.

Ray