Topic: Feature suggestion

Hello,

Currently I am developing ERP using FA. I have added some feature that comes from my client. I think it would be great if it can become default feature for FA. The feature that I alread add is:
- Sales project, the feature is to create a project/contract for sales and then we assign the sales order/quotation to the project. I've already implemented it and it is easy
- Sales packaging, teh feature is to add some packaging option in sales order/quotation. At first, I think this feature already covered in sales kit, but I implemented it for easy usage for deliveries order.
- Unit conversion, it's possible that the order from customer is came with different company unit of measure, for example litre to kg or etc. I haven't implemented it but I think it will become great improvement.
- Planning for Multiple delivery, I think this is the must have feature for FA. Currently, a sales order already support for multiple deliveries. But, I think it would be great if we can add some deliveries planning for a sales order. This feature become very useful when a customer already ordered for multiple deliveries when creaing the order. I'm still adding this feature. But, I imagine that we can have a list for delivery screen and we can crate delivery order based on that.

I wouldn't mind giving my code, but I already heavily modified FA from database to existing code. Maybe in the future I can give some help to add these feature. Thank you.

Re: Feature suggestion

Great Work , Specially Sales project. Can you please share with me , i really want to use this feature.

Thanks

Hey  barbarian,

Can you please share me your code+db with me to ? please.

Thanks

4 (edited by barbarian 02/13/2014 06:56:13 am)

I wouldn't mind to share it, but I don't know how because my modification is very heavily change the current FA. This is my bitbucket project : https://bitbucket.org/18209018/starborn-erp

For sql, use the very recent in backup folder in company.

Oh yeah, btw it's still on going project and my modification is specific for my client request. Just grab some feature that you need and modify it as your wish. If you need to know anything, just ask me in this forum. I'm always watching.

ps.
I'm still working for general feature that not very confidential. After I'm working on confidential part, I will close this repository for public. I'm planning to become a contributor for Front Accounting but I don't know how. Can anyone tell me how? My proposed feature is sales project (create, inquiry, and report) plus modifying SQ/SO entry to have a project reference if needed. It will become good additional feature for FA.

Fork the FA project (or my not frequently updated GitHub Repo for the extensions) and then provide your modules. FA is basically developed on Mercurial and the Git repo is only a mirror and my unofficial GitHub repo is meant only for extension development as it may not be otherwise uptodate and will get updated only when I get time.

I like the separate "master data" tab