Topic: Supplier name and memo

I have just updated Frontaccounting from 2.15 to 2.19, principally to get the possibility to edit the VAT amount in supplier invoices. That works fine.
However, when i go into the general ledger accounts for bank and cash, e.g. check account, I could before see the supplier name in the transaction, but after the update that does not appear any more.  I have to click on the transaction to see the supplier. That is an important loss of functionability.
The other issue, but already there before the update, is that the memo text for the purchase does not appear when querying the accounts - again I have to click on the transaction to see the memo text.
Anyway around this?

Re: Supplier name and memo

Update: I have (on a copy) tried to downgrade to FA 2.3.18, and that did not change the issue.  However, a downgrade to 2.3.16 brings back the name of the supplier on the cash and bank account. As before, no memo.  So definitively, something happened during the update.

Hello,

Thanks for reporting these issues. The supplier id on the GL Entry lines was a bug and has been fixed in the included file, /purchasing/includes/db/supp_payment_db.inc .
Please download and replace. The fix is also sent to the HG repository.

The memo in the supplier payment is an overall memo (comment) for the entire voucher. The memo field in the GL Entry lines is the line based memo, although there are no such info on these lines.

/Joe

Post's attachments

supp_payment_db.inc 6.7 kb, 4 downloads since 2014-02-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks. That was fast. Have just tried it on my copy and it seems to solve the issue. So I will make a change to my production version.
This about the memo I didn't capture. When I make a posting, the memo line appears nicely (say 10 bottles of cleaning agent).  But not if I make the same posting as a supplier invoice. Then the memo line is empty. Not a big deal, but makes it difficult to get a quick overview over an account. You have to click each invoice to see, what it is about.

Ok Thorbjorn, mayby we can make a fix here, when saving customer/supplier payments. I will have Another look.

/Joe

HI again,
Well it seems that we can make a compromise here when showing the GL Account Inquiry.
If there is no memo on the line, the overall comments (if any) are shown on the line.

However, the printed GL Accounts Report is not updated with this. There is no column for the line memo on the report.

The HG Repository is updated.

You can also download the file /gl/inquiry/gl_account_inquiry.php1. Rename the file to gl_account_inquiry.php (the uplaod doesnt accept php files). Relace the file in your setup.

/Joe

Post's attachments

gl_account_inquiry.php1 7.4 kb, 5 downloads since 2014-02-07 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Thanks, that was fast again. Tried it on my copy of FA and it works nicely - just what we needed.  Issue solved.:)