Topic: Minor improvement Dutch translation

I have a suggestion for two minor improvements in the Dutch translation.

Tab Banking & Genral Ledger -> Bank account payment entry.
The text field label To the order of is currently translated as Betreft: (Concerns)
I would suggest to translate this label as Relatie: because that is how is shows up on the transaction statement.

Tab Purchases -> Payments to Suppliers (Foreign currency only)
Bank amount is translated as Bank saldo (Balance)
Better would be Bank mutatie or Bank bedrag

jlinkels

Re: Minor improvement Dutch translation

Hi jlinkels

Ok, maybe we can change the "betreft" translation in. But is "relatie" really a good translation? The "betreft" translation is only displayed when the "diversen" payment is selected. When "klant" or "leverancier" is selected (which are really "relaties") the word "betreft" isn't displayed. I think the "diversen" entry isn't concerned to a known "relatie" as listed in the debtors or creditors list. But it is concerned a general bankpayment. So maybe we can change the text "betreft" to something like "inzake" ?

I think the suggested change of the translation "Banksaldo" isn't correct because the amount displayed is the current bank balance (Banksaldo) isn't it?

erwindebruin wrote:

Ok, maybe we can change the "betreft" translation in. But is "relatie" really a good translation? The "betreft" translation is only displayed when the "diversen" payment is selected. When "klant" or "leverancier" is selected (which are really "relaties") the word "betreft" isn't displayed. I think the "diversen" entry isn't concerned to a known "relatie" as listed in the debtors or creditors list. But it is concerned a general bankpayment. So maybe we can change the text "betreft" to something like "inzake" ?

No, because "inzake" still refers to the subject or description, and not to the payee.
There are two reasons for my proposal.
1. In the English version the same label shows "To the order of", which really means the payee, and not the subject or description.
2. When I make a payment to a supplier, I can choose from a drop-down list. Say I choose Amazon. I make the payment and retrieve the Journal Entry. The journal entry shows Relatie: Amazon
Now I make the same payment using "Diversen". Say I choose "Parkeren". Now when I retrieve the Journal entry I see: Relatie: Parkeren. Well, I did not make the payment to parkeren, I made it to the Municipality Amsterdam. Now, in the first line of the journal enrty where the debited account is shown, I expect the description.
Like: 4300 Reis- en verblijfskosten              Parkeren

I think the suggested change of the translation "Banksaldo" isn't correct because the amount displayed is the current bank balance (Banksaldo) isn't it?

Maybe you are looking at a different screen than I do.
I am talking about Tab Purchases -> Payments to Suppliers (Foreign currency only)
(In Dutch: Inkopen -> Invoeren leverancierbetaling) and choose a supplier which uses a foreign currency.
Say your system currency is EUR and the supplier is paid in USD.
You have entered an invoice for $130
The exchange rate at that time is 0.77
The EUR amount is 100,-
Now you make your payment for $130 so the invoice is cleared.
But your bank account shows EUR 110,- charged because the exchange rate has changed.
Now you enter as amount paid on the invoice $130,-
But the Bank amount is EUR 110,-
So the Exchange profit/loss is calculated correctly.

In other word, you have to enter two amounts: one is the invoice amount, the second the bank transfer amount.

In no way you should enter the Bank balance in that field, it has nothing to do with it.

Not only is the Journal entry for Exchange Profit Loss fully incorrect, the English version also says Bank amount in the label, not Bank balance.

jlinkels

Ok, i am convinced smile

I have changed the two lines in the translation file and I will submit this file for including in the repo after the next release. If you would like to receive the changed files earlier, please send me your e-mailadres by PM.

Thanks. For the moment I am fine. I explained the problem in such a detailed way, I won't be confused the next few weeks smile.
The request was focused on an improvement for new users.
I will include the new translations at the next update.

jlinkels