Topic: Session Abandoned Error in Windows Server Systems

Bug 1826 on Mantis.

Joshua (sticmann) reports the problem:

Often on a sales invoice, I get this error without opening any other tabs:

"This edit session has been abandoned by opening sales document in another browser tab.
You cannot edit more than one sales document at once."

I see the function that is throwing the error, but I can't figure out how to make it stop.

We run a retail store, so we use the sales invoice frequently and this is becoming quite a nuisance.

I am running xampp on windows XP with Apache 2.2.21 and PHP 5.3.8

Thank you for any help,
 -Joshua

We have reproduced this error in Windows 7 with Apache 2.2.8 and PHP 5.2.6.

There are problems in Windows OS with session handling and we are not able to localize the problem in the code.

The check is done in /sales/includes/sales_ui.inc, function check_edit_conflicts($cartname='Items').

If this is a problem for you and you are sure that sales documents are never entered by more than one FA user at
the same time, you can eliminate this check by setting the variable $no_check_edit_conflicts=1 in config.php.
This is coming in release 2.3.13 that is about to ship.

We are working on this issue and if anybody can contribute with valuable information regarding this, you are
most welcome.

We want to solve this problem as soon as possible.

/Joe

Re: Session Abandoned Error in Windows Server Systems

I am using Ubuntu 12.04, Apache 2.22, PHP 5.3.10, FF 16.0.2.  I can cause this error msg to happen by doing:

Sales > Customer Transaction Inquiry > click on pencil to edit some invoice > Process Invoice then hit back button and then Update

ed10

I never had an issue with the direct sales invoice to change the branch. Since upgrade to 2.3.13 I get the following message when using direct sales invoice.

"This edit session has been abandoned by opening sales document in another browser tab. You cannot edit more than one sales document at once."

Only one user is logged in and only one invoice.

If I go the long route by creating an invoice, I am able to change the Barch without an issue.

Regards

Wynand

Wynand

Try the FA v2.3.14 HG Build 3175 available in post 11 of a thread[ here and see if the problem persists.

People using Textcart NEED to update textcart if they do sales or po in foreign currency (when the new package is ready).

6 (edited by apmuthu 09/25/2015 09:41:22 pm)

The variable $no_check_edit_conflicts can now be removed from FA and the file sales/includes/sales_ui.inc can have it's last function:

function check_edit_conflicts($cartname='Items')
{
    global $Ajax, $no_check_edit_conflicts;

if ((!isset($no_check_edit_conflicts) || $no_check_edit_conflicts==0) && get_post('cart_id') && $_POST['cart_id'] != $_SESSION[$cartname]->cart_id) {
        display_error(_('This edit session has been abandoned by opening sales document in another browser tab. You cannot edit more than one sales document at once.'));
        $Ajax->activate('_page_body');
        display_footer_exit();
    }
}

changed to:

function check_edit_conflicts($cartname='Items')
{
    global $Ajax;

if (!empty($_SESSION[$cartname]->cart_id) && get_post('cart_id') && $_POST['cart_id'] != $_SESSION[$cartname]->cart_id) {
        display_error(_('This edit session has been abandoned by opening sales document in another browser tab. You cannot edit more than one sales document at once.'));
        $Ajax->activate('_page_body');
        display_footer_exit();
    }
}

Steps to check in a fresh FA v2.3 install on Windows XAMPP using en_US-demo.sql:
Sales => Direct Invoice => Customer => Ghostbusters
No error should crop up.

7 (edited by oakstreet1 11/01/2021 01:28:07 pm)

I'm getting this error frequently with FA 2.4.8. The check_edit_conflicts() now has a different signature, and I haven't investigated exactly why this error is popping up, but it happens when I haven't even created an invoice in my session, and nobody else is logged in.

I'm just going to turn off edit checks, for now. When I get time, I might try to gather more diagnostic information.

(edit: I forgot to mention that I am using a CENTOS 7 Linux server running Apache and PHP 5.6)