Topic: invoice GL accounts

Hi

I am using FA 2.3.19 .when i create invoice cash or accounts based I don't see anything in accounts receivable GL account.
I am using default FA Chart of accounts .even after i make payment i don't see anything in accounts receivable.
I have a current bank account and a petty cash account and when i create invoices GL entries shown are Sales and sales tax and accounts credited are petty cash and current check account.
I dont know much about accounting but having used other accounting software's an entry should be made in the accounts receivable the moment i make an invoice.
am i missing something here .do i need to configure my chart of accounts here in FA.
so far my experience with FA is positive and i highly appreciate the way accounting has been simplified by the FA team.

thanks

Rida

Re: invoice GL accounts

Check if the Accounts Receivables account on the Customer Branch is set correctly.

If cash invoice, the accounts receivables is both debited and credited (during the automatic payment record).

/Joe

Re: invoice GL accounts

Thanks joe for your prompt response

you are right .i have made some changes in branches and have removed the GL accounts in branches that is what created problem.

Rida