Topic: Chart of Accounts+ Extensions+Themes - Could not open

Hi,

I have Linux Mint 15 installed(Ubuntu Version), have installed Apache, PHP and SQL. I have tested Apache and PHP and it all looks good. However when I try to download the chart of accounts or extensions from Set-up in Frontaccounting I get a message saying that it 'couldn't open the files'. It appears that I are unable to access the Frontaccounting website to download the files from set-up. I don't have any problems with http access to websites however I don't know which method it is using to download the files from within the set-up option in Frontaccounting.

I have followed the Frontaccounting install instructions and don't know what the issue is, everything else seems to work fine.

Re: Chart of Accounts+ Extensions+Themes - Could not open

Make sure that php5-curl and php-xmlrpc have been installed

Hi,

I've installed PHP5-curl and php-xmlpc and edited the php.ini files so that these extensions are started/active. I alos removed the ; for the openssl extension as well.

Phpinfo in Xampp shows the following:

cURL support     enabled
cURL Information     7.30.0
Age     3
Features
AsynchDNS     No
CharConv     No
Debug     No
GSS-Negotiate     No
IDN     No
IPv6     Yes
krb4     No
Largefile     Yes
libz     Yes
NTLM     Yes
NTLMWB     Yes
SPNEGO     No
SSL     Yes
SSPI     No
TLS-SRP     Yes
Protocols     dict, file, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, ldap, ldaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp
Host     x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
SSL Version     OpenSSL/1.0.1e
ZLib Version     1.2.8

libXML support     active
libXML Compiled Version     2.8.0
libXML Loaded Version     20800
libXML streams     enabled

So What next. I am still getting the same message saying that it could not open the file?

Try to rename .htaccess to x.htaccess and see if it works.

I really see no advantages to install third party packages like XAMPP under l\Linux, where you have all what is needed to setup http server properly configured in native repo. I agree this is not the case under Windows, but on Mint or any other Linux distribution you should just rely on distro packagers knowledge. All the problems you have with make FA running on Mint are probably related to badly configured XAMP bundle.

Just install Apache2, PHP, MySQL and OpenSSL as provided by Mint and then install FA in properly running environment. As far as I know Mint is Debian based, so you can just unpack  FA tarball in any /var/www subfolder, and run FA installer.

Janusz

Thanks apmuthu/itronics. I tried renaming .htaccess to x.htaccess and still had no luck. If I click on themes or chart of accounts in set-up it looks like it's trying to fetch the file but then I get the message 'could not open'. In the end I downloaded the chart of accounts sql file into the /frontaccounting/sql directory where all the other chart of accounts are stored and then went into phpadmin and imported the file into the database i had set-up for frontaccounting. The update appears to have completed successfully but when I go into purchase orders in FA I get an SQL error that indicates the column etc hasn't been set-up in the database.

I have decided that seeing as how this machine is going to be a server that Linux Mint is not what I want as it has a lot of packages loaded in there as standard. I am creating the ISO's for CentOS 6.4 ,don't know if there are many people around her using it but most of the forums seem to indicate it is rock-solid and suitable for use as a server. I will take on board what you have said itronics and use the Apache2,PHP etc programs provided with the Distro(assuming they are there).

It would be good if the FA install instructions were a bit more clear about Curl, Xlmp-rpc and OpenSSL needing to be installed. Maybe part of the issue I've had is that I'm trying to use PHP 5.5.3 and MySQL 5.6.11(64 Bit) and FA 2.3 doesn't support it. I have been trying to find a compatibility list on the FA Website but can't find anything. This information is elusive as the Curl etc information, so if anybody could clear this up for me that would be useful.

I haven't used Linux for a long time and it appears that all the Distro's have there own slant on directory etc structures and sometime it's not clear to me whether its the file locations, PHP/MYSQL or Frontaccounting that's got problems. I guess that's one of the problems of being just slightly up from a Linux Newbee.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,
All Linux distros contains all what is needed to run FA, and I believe mostl of them has all needed modules compiled in php. In fact most of the FA functionality does not have any special requirements (all php releases in branches >5.1 should work), OpenSSL is needed only to access FA extensions repostitory, curl is used for retrieving exchange rates form ECB site, and xml-rpc is not used at all in core code. Apache root directory location on most distros is under /var/www but this is somewhat distro dependent.

Janusz

Hi,

I blew away Linux Mint and have installed CentOS. The directory layout's look alot more familar than the Ubuntu variant I unstalled. Anyway all seems to be working Okay now. I can update chart of accounts etc from the Setup screen in FA. There is one problem and that is that I can create a new company with the COA that I downloaded(Australian Service Company) but I can't update the exisiting one(used to set-up FA). Is there a way to do this in FA? I would have set it up from scratch in the install, but I only got two COA's to choose from.

Am I going to have to inport the SQL table via phpMyAdmin into the Database that I set-up for Frontaccounting or can I do it from within FA?

Cheers

You can create a new company only from the default company - see installed_extensions.php file in the root folder.

I also have the same problem. So, what is the solution? I saw that there is some frontaccounting repo available in Git for manual installation. How can I install this manually?

11 (edited by cambell 06/19/2014 05:04:42 am)

This may be a bug in the archive.inc code that handles the unpacking of the tar archive.  In version 2.3.x around line 327 of archive.inc the prefix and name are not decoded after the unpack.

Putting an rtrim around the prefix and name fixes this issue.

i.e.

'name' => rtrim($temp['prefix']) . rtrim($temp['name']),

After making this mod it worked on WAMP.

Cambell https://github.com/cambell-prince

Joe -> does this need to make it to the core?

includes/archive.inc

I have sent it to Janusz. He seems to be busy at present. He will respond asap.

Joe

The trivial patch is available on github for your convenience.

Cambell https://github.com/cambell-prince