Topic: the import item csv module not showing up

I have the system administrator role.  I installed the import item csv module from setup and the version is 2.3.0-1.  It does not show up under items and inventory, maintence and when i go to access setup, it does not have the import item csv checkbox under role.  My FA version is 2.3.17.  Any idea?

Re: the import item csv module not showing up

Have you activated the module in install / activate extensions in setup tab?

Also the module have to be activated for all companies (see Extensions selector on Install/Activate Extensions page).
Janusz

Thank you for the help! It works.  After testing FA for a few days, it is truly sophisticated for a free system.

For all those struggling with installing this extension and maybe other extensions as well:

In the install / activate extensions tab you first have to install the extension.

Then, in the drop down box above the table showing the extensions, you have to activate the installed extension for each company.

Next, when logging in into any company, you have to edit the role for the current user and activate both the Import CSV Items group and the Import CSV Items extension

Only now the Import CSV items menu shows up in the Items and Inventory page.

Whenever the extension or option does not show up when expected, log out and log in again. During the many attempts I do not exactly recall when I logged on again. And make sure the checkbox show inactive items is checked whenever applicable.

In the Wiki https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/inde … Extensions it is stated that after installing in the install / activate extensions tab you have to activate the extension for each USER (caps from the Wiki page). I think that is incorrect and that it should be stated that the extension must be activated for each company. I am prepared to edit that page, if one of the experts confirms that my point of view is correct.

jlinkels