1 (edited by abcsoeasy 10/24/2013 06:22:44 am)

Topic: Cannot place a Purchase Order

I cannot place a purchase order, it is not showing any error. When I click Place Order, a refresh icon runs in the top, near the menus, and then nothing happens. Please, someone suggest some ideas.

Re: Cannot place a Purchase Order

Please set the variable, $go_debug, to 1 in config.php to trap errors/warnings.

/Joe

I have tried all debug options, nothing appears

4 (edited by abcsoeasy 10/25/2013 09:31:25 am)

Finally found the reason for the problem. When I select the currency for the supplier other than USD (created during installation), it is fine. When I try to use say, Euro(created during installation) or INR(created by me), the problem persists else the order gets placed with a success message.

Problem still persists

If you create a new currency make sure the company currency and the supplier currency be what they should be and that the exchange rates be set anew with "1" being the rate of the company default currency. Logout then and clear cache - possibly even the company cache (company/*/js/*.js) and then see if it persists.

Which chart of accounts you have used for initial setup?

Janusz

When placing a Purchase Order , i cannot select a supplier.

The list box is very small. Please help.
Azhar

select the supplier list box and press space.

/Elax

@kensoftwares

Please select Company Setup, and uncheck the 'Search Supplier List', if you don't need the search fascility.

Joe

@Joe 

This default setting about search supplier list is bitting absolutely every body coming to FA, don't you think it should be disabled by default ? 

When you start FA or evaluate it, you don't have enough customers or suppliers to need the search facilities.
Also, for every person asking on the forum there is probably 10 which don't bother and just give up FA.

/Elax

Sure, will just have a look. But I cannot guarantee that this is correctly set in all COAs.

Joe

I have just checked the en_US-demo.sql and the en_US-new.sql and they were ok.
Janusz also reports that all the COAs in the repository have these defaults correctly.

The problems must be on a missing update of the COA been used when creating new companies.

Please check the errors.log in the /tmp folder if you are having problems with the search lists in Company Setup.

/Joe

The 'search' options where set in  en_IN, en_SG, en_FR and fr_FR charts. I have switched it off, and the repo is updated.
Thanks for pointing out this problem.

Janusz

The relevant lines in the respective COAs and existing installs should be line:

INSERT INTO `0_sys_prefs` VALUES ('no_item_list', 'setup.company', 'tinyint', 1, '0');
INSERT INTO `0_sys_prefs` VALUES ('no_customer_list', 'setup.company', 'tinyint', 1, '0');
INSERT INTO `0_sys_prefs` VALUES ('no_supplier_list', 'setup.company', 'tinyint', 1, '0');

Hi there,

I have found this amazing product amongst the other similar open-source stock control/accounting software.

However, I was disappointed by the very first step I took to use this software. Please, someone lead me to the right direction.

I have the same problem as the creator of this topic - A loading sign appears for a split second after I hit the 'Place Order' button and nothing happens.

I have tried to set the $go_debug flag to '1' and '2' but there is no warning or whatsoever displayed.

This system is hosted on a shared hosting running with PHP5.3 (So far the best version for FA, IMHO).

Detailed scenario:
I have setup a new currency (Malaysian Ringgit) for my company and made this MYR currency to be the Home currency of my company. The supplier's currency is set to USD (So the company name in the PO will be like '<CompName> - USD'.

It is the same when I change my company and the supplier's currency to the default GBP or Euro.

Anyone can enlighten me, please? Am I doing something wrong to setup the system?

Thank you.

Please overwrite files in your latest install with the Post Releases Fixes from:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=18849#p18849

Now try again and see what gives.

Hi apmuthu,

Thank you very much for your fast and prompt reply.

However, the problem still persist.

I have downloaded the FA_Fixes_post_v2.3.19.zip and overwritten the necessary files in my server as well as did a SQL update using alter2.3.sql from my existing FA v2.3.19 installation.

Am I doing the right thing as you mentioned?

Thanks again, for your good effort in maintaining this excellent software.

As far as maintaining the software is concerned, in an Open Source project, the onus would devolve on the the members of the community of users generating a gradient for increasing the numbers of those who make quality code shares and support experiences. Joe/Janusz have done a commendable job thus far and my efforts have been to provide the extensions files for easier forking and parallel development. The alter2.3.sql is useful for existing CoAs only and existing upgrade environs - the last line in the file is the onlly one added now. The new en_US and en_US-demo sqls already have them (from the Hg/Git repo)

Please state the steps starting from the install choices and the menu navigations and work done in reaching your error status chronologically. This will help solve the issue.

Make sure that the exchange rates for the currencies involved in the transaction pre-date the transaction envisaged.

Hi apmuthu,

Thanks for the explanation. I will try to make a fresh install of the overall system and apply the patch to try if it occurs again yeah.

I will report back if I have any success/failures.

Cheers!

You know what?

If someone faces this problem in the future, the solution is just head over to 'Banking and General Ledger', then head over to select 'Exchange Rates' and finally add the new exchange rate with respect to the date you want to insert the PO.

Cheers and thanks a lot apmuthu! smile