Topic: Remove some items from setup tab

Maybe this question looks ugly smile but it is really important to me. As far as I checked last post I couldn’t find my answer.

I want to remove below links from SETUP tab, I did previously by admin user via user permissions but other admin users can assign privilege again and work with that options.

Install/Update Languages
Install/Activate Extensions
Install/Activate Themes
Install/Activate Chart of Accounts
System Diagnostics

Please let me know how I cloud manually disable visibility of mentioned sections by code.

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

Re: Remove some items from setup tab

Make another admin role where you ban access to these items. Then set this new role on these admins.

Joe

Dear Joe

The bad thing about new admin is that: new admin can create new company; on that way the Admin can again make access to whole the system.

I don't want him/her to play with that parts smile

Asghar

Sometimes less knowledge bring us disastrous events.

I put FA 6 month for trial use, trial users did many things from hacking password from backup SQL file to changing system default settings. There are some absences in user permission part that does not meet my needs:
1-    Trough back up file anyone can access Hashed password and can set the Admin password to “password”
2-    Second admin can create new company and be able to make access to whole system.

Asghar

Still looking for answer smile

Asghar

The installed_extensions.php determines the default company - do not make the default company the active company for real accounts.

Also hide links in config file setting for inaccessible menu items.

Really thanks apmuthu

Would you please do me favor?

Can you tell me exactly what should I do? for example de-activating "Install/Activate Chart of Accounts" link!

I can't do via user access section smile

Asghar

wishing for more answers wink

Asghar

Still working on

Asghar

If you want to completely hide menu items that are not accessible for a user, you need to edit config.php and change
$hide_inaccessible_menu_items = 0;
to:
$hide_inaccessible_menu_items = 1;
But you may find that the theme you want to use does not use that config setting and still show the inaccessible menu option regardless. Default and dashboard themes work, but elegant does not. I expect because elegant was written before the config option was added.

Dear AlastairR

I am willing to disable any item from tabs through code. Because "user access" section does not give me the power of controlling system as I wish.

Install/Update Languages
Install/Activate Extensions
Install/Activate Themes
Install/Activate Chart of Accounts
System Diagnostics

Asghar

12 (edited by apmuthu 10/28/2013 10:36:58 am)

1. Export existing company and view the sql and note the table prefix - say ("0_")
2. Create new company and mote it's table prefix to be say ("1_")
3. Edit the sql from step 1 above and replace the table prefix with that of the newly created company
4. Restore the edited sql into the newly created comapny
5. Restore the sql/en_US-new.sql file into the default first company and change the admin password
6. Set the $hide_inaccessible_menu_items = 1; in config.php

Use the newly created company as your real company.
Use the default company as the control company.

tell anyone tell me how to create custom access by which we can disable insert,update,delete and clone buttons?

Can experiment with a separate restricted mysql username and password to use for all others, other than for super admin and use it by switching in the config file.......