Topic: Position and Cust/Supp Numbers

Here are two things  that I believe should go into the system:

Position numbers for invoices, sales orders etc. - this would make it possible to sort e.g. quotes.
Customer and supplier numbers should be visible and one should be able to set / override this number. A CPA/tax consultant who does not ask for debtor codes does not exist in our part of the world.

Re: Position and Cust/Supp Numbers

I don't know what you mean by position numbers. We have reference number series on every transaction type. You can define the start yourself in Setup, form setup.

You are the first to complain for non presented customer/supplier codes. BTW, the codes could not be changed at the moment. Are there other wanting this possibility?

/Joe

Position nos means line numbers for order or invoice lines. Only on this way sorting or inserting of lines is possible.

Re. cust/supp nos: I personally do nor know one program without them. However, it's common practice on most electronic (banking) platforms to give customer and invoice number. Names are ambiguous. And most tax advisers keep customer and supplier accounts and refer to them by number only.

This is not a complaint by the way, just a wish on a wish list.

Lines insert/order change on documents cannot be implemented wih current database structure. This is because of requirement of having line order exactly the same in all documents in chain (sales order, delivery note, invoice). This will not be changed at least before 2.2 release.
Regarding supplier/customer numbers there is in use plenty of methods for assigning identifiers, not only numeric. Every customer/supplier in FA has GST/VAT number assigned which is unique and can be used as company identifier, although in fact searching by the GST number would be useful in some places.
Janusz

line nos - really not essential
cust nos - ideal would be a ref. no like for invoices

rgds
rl