Topic: Form Printing

I am currently trying to reformat the print documents (invoice et al.) and since I am not a programmer this is kind of painful. Nonetheless I am halfway there already.
Things that I can't find an answer for (version 2.1b):

I moved the entire TOTAL block a few lines further down and I also adjusted the number of item lines printed. This works fine. But if I invoice the exact number of lines that fit on the first page the system gives me an empty second page just with the sums on it.

Secondly: is there a page number somewhere?

Thirdly: I can't get the "unit" column to align centered. Left and right works but center doesn't. Is there a trick (I use the word 'center' in the align array in e.g. report 107)

thx&rgds
rl

Re: Form Printing

Look in the file /reporting/includes/header2.inc. There are some examples on how to print centered.
You can experiment a bit with the bottom borders (where it checks for new page). One line difference make it change to new page.

/Joe

Hi,

The problem with the exact number of lines and the subsequent empty page is a programmed one (as far as I could see). At the point of the page break the system doesn't know that there are no new lines to fetch from the db anymore.

Besides: I tried to install beta2 but neither an upgrade nor a fresh install worked. There was an error message (I switched debugging on) which I forgot to write down.

rdgs
rl

Hello,
Well I don't think the page break is a major topic, so, unless you have a more detailed proposal, we will just leave it here.

A pity that you dedn't monitor the error message. Without it make it impossible to trace it.

/Joe

beta2 - I'll check again tonight and will check back.

Hi I am trying to add more text on doctxt.inc at that bottom hat would appear with .
## ( Please quote Invoice no. when paying. All amounts stated in") :##
but when I add the text not all the text appears.

Question - How do I change this, I have looked at the commands in header2.inc but I am unable to find iwhere I can add nex line.
Thanks

Be careful when entering too much text here. You only have one line for this. The print out is done from header2.inc, so you will need to study it carefully. Backup header2.inc before experimenting, so you can go back again, should everything go bananas smile

/Joe