Topic: Customisation on Upgrade

Hi

I have many FA files which are customised to my requirement. On every upgrade, I have to manually copy and paste those files which have been upgraded in the mew version. Can somebody suggest me a tool or any other way by which I can easily implement my customisation after upgrade?

Thanks

Re: Customisation on Upgrade

You can use Git or Mercurial (Hg). With both, once you created a branch with your customization to upgrade each version
you only need to "pull" the change from either the git repository or the mercurial one and your changes will be merged automatically.

/Elax

Elax

Could you please guide me how to set up Git or Mercurial (Hg)?

Thanks

Easiest is to setup an account in GitHub and fork my repo - it has the extensions as well but not the unstable version nor does it have a commit by commit differential though it sports a release to release commit differential.

Use TortoiseGit on your Windows PC and synch with your read/write Github (or official Git readonly) repo.

To synch with the pristine Mercurial repo, use TortoiseHg on your Windows PC and synch with it albeit in readonly mode.

Yes Git is best I uses it too and with it I am easily able to make changes to all my files whenever I want. Go with it you'll be benefited in many ways.