1 (edited by wildone 11/07/2013 11:33:33 am)

Topic: Compare automatical incomming /outgoing payments with invoices

When you have more then 2000 payments per month it takes too much time to compare each payment with your sell and purchase invoices.

Is there a possibility or module that compares incoming/outgoing payments automatically with invoices?
And if there are deviations you can select possible customers / suppliers from the list of open invoices?
After comparison only the not compared items are still open.  The rest is booked internal in FA.

In Holland we call this utility: automatisch afletteren. But I can not find a good translation for this.
Maybe: Allocated payments.

This would reduce much hours each month.

Regards,
Ronald

Re: Compare automatical incomming /outgoing payments with invoices

I don't know of any module, but if you have a (machine readable) file from the bank, containing some identifier (invoice or reference number) which could be looked up and matched against a particular order, you could query the database and generate the required transactions automatically. Either through some API or directly against the database. There's a module to import CSV data, which I use to import sales figures through a curl session.

It seems to support importing deposits, but I don't know how (or if) it can be made to allocate the payments to invoices.

I've made a report which display customer statement in a similar way as a bank statement (just showing the balance by time) and ignore the payment allocation. That way, you can just allocate on payment on the fly and don't need to know which payment correspond to which invoice. (This is what I usually do).

/Elax

Probably the right description you were after was Automatic Allocation Reconciliation

Unfortunately this functionality cannot be implemented as a generic module. Despite the fact MT940 standard exists, I do not know two banks which use the same format for bank transactions listings, seems every one developer working for feels the urge to design the wheel again. Therefore I guess you will have to hire some php coder to implement the feature for you and make your life easier.
Janusz

SWIFT MT940 Customer Statement Message (1.5 MB PDF)

Yes, I know the standard. But for some reason banks preffer to force their own formats, and name them MT940, but those proprietary formats have not much to do (if at all) with MT940 standard.
Janusz