Topic: God create human kind and human made excuse

I don’t know why these funny problems happen to me smile
Here is what I did:
1-    Prepared a fresh installation of FrontAccounting 2.3.18 on Windows 8 & WAMP
2-    Installed Theme Dashboard
3-    Installed Company Dashboard and changed them to Dashboard theme
4-    In Access Setup for the current user (Admin), I couldn’t found Dashboard in roles!!!
5-    Since couldn’t found Dashboard in roles! Manually in both “installed_extensions.php” files (I mean Root and Company) false changed to true.
6-    Then in Role section I saw Dashboard role appeared and then I settled for Admin user.
7-    After successful smile log out and log in when I clicked on Dashboard Setup following error occurred:

DATABASE ERROR : 
At file C:\wamp\www\EnFa18\modules\dashboard\includes\dashboard_db.inc:17:
Cannot retrieve dashboard widgets items
error code : 1146
error message : Table 'enfa18.dashboard_widgets' doesn't exist
sql that failed was : SELECT id,app,user_id,column_id,sort_no,collapsed,widget,description,param FROM dashboard_widgets WHERE user_id = '1' ORDER BY app, column_id, sort_no

8-    Meanwhile when clicking on Reminder Setup again I have problem

DATABASE ERROR : 
At file C:\wamp\www\EnFa18\modules\dashboard\includes\dashboard_db.inc:70:
Cannot retrieve dashboard reminders items
error code : 1146
error message : Table 'enfa18.dashboard_reminders' doesn't exist
sql that failed was : SELECT dr.id,dr.role_id,sr.role,dr.next_date,dr.frequency,dr.description,dr.param FROM dashboard_reminders dr INNER JOIN security_roles sr ON sr.id = dr.role_id ORDER BY sr.role, dr.next_date, dr.frequency
Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

Re: God create human kind and human made excuse

Step 3a. Activate dashboard module

That will create the database tables, and show dashboard in the roles and menus

Dear AlastairR

Thanks for your consideration

In most forum posts, there are many documents mentioning that I should find a Dashboard roles, but I see nothing there!
Do I miss anything?
I did this procedures with more than 8 times with free FA installation

Asghar

I think the problem is that you have not activated the dashboard module. Until the module is activated, you won't see dashboard in the roles list and you will get database errors about missing tables.

as far as I saw in posts and forums, module should activated after installation. Then we can see in Access Role to give the user permission of using that. But I couldn't find it, what I did to enable manually via “installed_extensions.php” file.

Asghar

There are circumstances when the module is not activated automatically.
Select 'activated for...' from the extensions drop down in the install/activate extensions form. Untick the module if it is ticked. Exit the extensions form, then reselect it and tick the module again. That should force the SQL script that creates the modules tables to run, and add the module to the roles list.
Editing the installed_extensions.php manually would not complete the other required initialization.

Dear AlastairR

According your kind guideline I did many times but nothing happened.
I wish to try this module once smile

Asghar

8 (edited by apmuthu 10/28/2013 10:23:07 am)

You had installed the Dashboard Theme.
You need to install the Dashboard Module as well and then activate it. Only afterwards, you should choose the Dashboard theme for the user.

Hence:
1. Choose some other theme (default)
2. Install Dashboard Module from default company
3. Activate the Dashboard Theme for the target (maybe even current one if so needed) company
4. Login to the target company (if different from default one)
5. Change theme to Dashboard theme for logged in user
6. You may need to logout and then login and possibly clear browser cache and server cache (company/*/js/*.js)

Thanks All

Problem solved smile
You know what I missed!

After installing a module I saw every where that I have to activate that. I supposed after installation activation done automatically, then via kind forum friends I realized that I have to select from the drop down menu the installed modules for the default company and then activate that.

In my idea that section is somehow is not user friendly

Asghar