Topic: Removing all transactions

I just installed FrontAccounting with some demo data.

I then made many changes in the parameters, groups, names, etc.

Now I would like to keep the structural changes, and remove all transactions in order to do real work.

Is it possible, or do I have to start "fresh" ?

Thanks

Re: Removing all transactions

To have serious data, you should start with an empty Chart of Accounts, as en_US-new.sql or one of the charts in the download section.

/Joe

I was expecting to be able to delete all, but it is ok.

Therefore I will start a new company  and use a pre-defined chart (I notice a french canadian one) ?

By the way, I'm testing FrontAccounting for the accounting of our association, and I have to tell you that it is a great product, really.

Thanks,

Gaston

I just checked and...

Do I really have to start over ? creating users and others structure or is there somthing I can do to make it simple ?

Thanks

You can eventually upload any chart of accounts you want to use into company/0/backup folder, and restore database form it.The effect is exactly as using the selected COA during installation. But any other configurations like users creation you have to do anyway.

Janusz

Presumably it would be possible to write a module/function to backup financial transactions to file and delete them from the database - perhaps deleting only those within a range of dates?  Could be useful to expunge records older than a few years and would have the side-effect of allowing users to configure FrontAccounts to their detailed requirements before entering any live data.

I suppose it would entail:
Start a transaction
If a complete reset is required
  log and set opening document numbers

For records between start date and end date
  backup and delete debtor transactions, details and tax
  backup and delete supplier transactions, invoice items and invoice tax
  backup and delete POs, details and purchase data
  backup and delete WOs and associated data
  backup and delete Goods Received
  backup and delete stock levels
  backup and delete stock movements
  backup and delete supplier allocations
  backup and delete bank, GL and budget transactions

commit the transaction

Non-trivial - particularly the design and testing phases to make sure that no aspect of the system was compromised.

Helle.

In fact I backup the database containing all the transactions.

I then edited the resulting sql file and removed the non desired Insert statements.
I then restore the database.

It seems to work well.

Thanks,

Gaston

Maybe you can  Void a Transaction in Setup / Maintenance. You select the transaction type, query and delete.