Topic: How to add more than one company?

Any one can help me on how to setup more than one company so that program can help those accountants helping few companies?
Thanks
S N Shukla

Re: How to add more than one company?

You can add/edit companies using Create/Update Companies option of Setup tab.

Regards
Janusz

Hi guys, when I try this, I get this error:

The security settings on your account do not permit you to access this function

????

You must login as an Administrator to create new companies.

/Joe

Hi Jo

Thanks for the reply - although I have set up 3 different system administrator accounts including the original one I set up on install and they all say the same thing?

Is it worth doing a new installation of frontaccounting?

Look in the user table for your company with phpMyAdmin. See if admin has correct Administrator priviligies.

/Joe

Try clearing cookies, and re login, maybe re start broswer.

This has help me with stuff like this

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Check to make sure you are logging in on the original company you generated. It seems there is a block of code that only allows the original admin to access certain parts of the system.

Admins of the first registered company can be considered as superadmin, who have exclusive access to some potentially dangerous for whole site operations like adding extension modules. The manual is not up to date at this point, so sorry for troubles.

Janusz

Hi guys,

I'm a complete newbie to this excellent program. I too am having a problem with setting up a new company and get the same error message re permissions as the first poster on this topic. I've tried clering cookies as suggested, am logged in as admin with apparently all the rights but still get the message. Joe (I think) suggested checking the apprpriate table in the database which I did and this says my admin permissions are set to 2 - is that right please or is there another way of resolving the prob ?  Any help gratefully received :-)

It is often practically to use just one database and use table prefixes when creating new clients. Then you avoid these problems.
Another approach is to first create the database with phpMyAdmin before using the 'Install New Company'. This way you avoid the install break down.

/Joe

I am a new FrontAccounting 2.0.4 installer, I have the same problem and could not understand the solutions.
I saw that as admin I have Administrator priviligies shown as 2.
I have only one database for frontaccounting but I don't know how can I use table prefixes when creating new clients.
With myphpAdmin I tried to add a new company inserting a new row with its values. But it has no difference when I tried to login; because I have only original company six times in pulldown menu.

Hi nyasar,
The installation process is stright forward. At first time you should call install/index.php file to create first company. If you want to have more than one company you should select numeric prefix for table names during install. Then you should login into just created company with admin/password, and now you can add more companies under Setup/ Create/Update Companies. Thats all.

This process does not need using phpMyAdmin. As I understand you have tried to add new company by adding new record in 0_company table. This not make sense because every company has its own x_company  table, and only first row is used to store this one company parameters.

Janusz

Well, I myself have tried all of your suggestions above, deleted and re-installed thinking I was the one that was stupid. Apparently, there is something wrong with the set-up files in the current download. It does NOT allow you to create or modify companies. All it does is have the training company set up. I cant delete it to start my own company, I cant add my company so I can start fresh, and I can not update or delete the existing companies. Every time I try to access it, in the multitude of re-installs I have done, I get this message:

"The security settings on your account do not permit you to access this function"

I mean, what the hell. I AM a admin, and I SHOULD have the privileges. But yet the system says I do not.

User access shows "2".

Itronics, you first reply above seems logical, but it doesn't tell how to correct.

this seems to be a awesome program, but heck, we cant get it to work. Can SOMEONE tell us what is wrong here, and how to correct it?

Below is the data in my list. I did take out the password info and the e-mail address on the admin account just in case you want to see that I am telling the truth.

Full Texts      user_id     password     real_name     full_access     phone     email     language     date_format     date_sep     tho_sep     dec_sep     theme     page_size     prices_dec     qty_dec     rates_dec     percent_dec     show_gl     show_codes     show_hints     last_visit_date
    Edit     Delete     demouser     <passwordhere>     Demo User     1     999-999-999     demo@demo.nu     en_US     0     0     0     0     default     Letter     2     2     3     1     1     0     0     2008-02-06 19:02:35
    Edit     Delete     admin     <passwordhere>     Administrator     2           xxxxx@xxxxxxx.org     en_US     0     0     0     0     default     Letter     2     2     4     1     1     0     0     2009-02-07 23:11:25

Ok, I hacked the page and found out the the page security level is at 20. According to your array int he sticky, it looks likeit only goes to 15. So, I set mine to 15 and WALLA, it fixed!

Interesting, you could set the pages that you want to access to $page_security = 15; but for me if I did then some other users with admin rights could make a mess of things. I  suppose that it would be a good idea to have a user that would be super admin, (sysop) a user that you would only use to do sys upgrades etc.  not regular use.

The admin that created company no. 0 is the superadmin. Only he can create new companies (=page level 20) and should be logged into company no. 0.

/Joe

So then I guess you should always have company 0, just for the purpose of doing Software Upgrade, etc. If your live company is 1_ then I guess you would prepare alter.sql to 1_ and run it from admin 0_ and your tables with 1_ prefix will be updated, right?

I'm not quite sure about this, I guess I will ask Janusz to comment on that.

/Joe

There is some misunderstanding here. The superadmin is admin of first company in $db_connections. It need not to be exactly the same as the company with table prefix '0_'.
The superadmin is the admin of first company registered in config_db.php

I know this solution is a hack, and the site admin should have separated login path. The choosen solution is transparent when only one company is used i.e. for  normal company use.

Janusz