Topic: Moving FA to the new Host

Sorry if this topic looks tedious but really couldn't found my answer within past posts.

First of all please do not suggest me to re-install and restore database, because after installation I do lots of works such re-configuring database charset, PO files and etc. …

I am willing to moving my FA to the new Host. I did it but after trying to log in to my account I encountered with the wrong password. According to the Joe guides I changed password in the database like as he wrote it in the past posts “5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99” but again it didn't work.

I re-checked “config_db.php” file but couldn't solved from there.
Please let me know if you faced with this issue.

Regards
John

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

Re: Moving FA to the new Host

Here are the logs from Debug Mode:
mysql_set_charset(): Access denied for user 'web1'@'localhost' (using password: NO) در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط15
mysql_set_charset(): A link to the server could not be established در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط15
mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'c2eai'@'localhost' (using password: YES) در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط28
mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط29
mysql_real_escape_string(): Access denied for user 'web1'@'localhost' (using password: NO) در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط130
mysql_real_escape_string(): A link to the server could not be established در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط130
mysql_set_charset(): Access denied for user 'web1'@'localhost' (using password: NO) در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط39
mysql_set_charset(): A link to the server could not be established در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط39
mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط53
mysql_insert_id() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط56
mysql_errno() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط147
mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given در فایل: /var/www/clients/client2/web1/web/eai/includes/db/connect_db.inc در خط107

Asghar

Still no answer sad

Asghar

A link to the the server cannot be established.

Check if MySQL service is running on your server and you can access the FA database using the credentials stored in config_db.php file.
Janusz

Dear Janusz

Thanks for your kind attention.

As far as I know everything is fine, I re-configured "config_db.php" but still the problem persists. Moreover in the same server I have another FA installed and works fine but the second copy of those files with the new data and configured "config_db.php" is not working.

I have access to the main page but I can't log in to the FA. As I set Debug Mode to 1 the above logs belong to the copy FA. But I can't understand them smile

Asghar

One thing I notice about that log is that it seems to be attempting to connect with two different usernames. (and only one password). Are you somehow including both the config_db.php files? And just which database(s) are you trying to connect to? And does it have any user set up?

To move FA to a new host, I would dump the database on the old host, and recreate it on the new. You may have to create a new database user and grant the appropriate privileges. Then copy the entire FA directory to the new server. If you are using the same credentials, you shouldn't have to edit the database config. (If it is a shared server with only one database user, then you'd just have to put that username/password in config_db.php.)

Try that on a fresh (preferably virtual) server, because I think your two instances are confusing each other.

oh oh oh big_smile sorry I was really blind smile

Janusz was right, I had bad configuration on config_db.php smile

Thank Janusz, you are genius

Asghar