Topic: Custom Title for Invoice

Hi,
I wish to have a different title for the invoice report. This title changes according to company.
Some company needs to have a title 'VAT Invoice', some others 'TAX invoice' and some others 'Invoices' alone.

I found out that this can be change in reporting/includes/doctext.inc

However, because it changes according to company, i would need to write a little script that change the title display according to the company ID (the one find in the file config_db.php).

How can i retrieve this ID ?

Also, do you have a doc that says what are all constant variables and sessions variable ?

Tx
in advance

Maurice

Re: Custom Title for Invoice

I've handled the same requirement by using a different language for each company. In my case I have three separate companies in different jurisdictions (New Zealand, Australia and United Kingdom) where the invoice wording is required to be different for each country. The user preferences for each company are set up separately in each company, with a different default language, either en_NZ, en_AU or C.

Tx AlastairR, I'll try that now !

I have updated the language in Preferences and it works fine when you click on "Viewing Tax Invoice" but not on "Print this tax invoice" ?
any hacks ?
Tx
D

Sorry, you've got me there. You may need to log out and log back in again to get the language change picked up for the report.
I have had some problems printing invoices with the latest release and had to revert back to 2.3.16 because they were blank pages. But that may have been caused by an incorrect locale setting on my web server. Sorry I can't be much more help there.

tx for your help AlastairR.
I manage to make the language work on my local machine but not on my server. I wondering if gettext is a compulsory apache module for languages to work ?

No, gettext is optional php module, but when it is active on your server, the server have to support locale defined by FA language extension you have selected, otherwise the translation will not work.
Janusz

ok, it makes sense.
Now, i understand why i had a generated php file remotely. It will be the one use for the translation because gettext is not install on my remote server.
Tx

Look at this post and change the default language for printing to suit your needs.

Since i used the php file for translation, i had to increase the "php_value memory_limit" to 50M.

I now wonder if installing gettext does not make the translations lighter in terms of resources used for the server ?

Sure, if you have a chance to install gettext on the server, just do it. gettext works as binary php extension and uses optimized binary *.mo translation files. This is surely less resource consuming than php implementation.
Janusz

FA is very easy and simple acounting software that i ever had. Its fulfilling all my requirements but i need some extra fields on customers.php file like Proprieters name this field only needed . In invoice also i need some Terms & Condition Space to right my Condition Like 'once goods sold cannot be taken back' something like this only. and a space for Signature and Stamp. So please let me know how to do all this things.

Thank you,

@atiqure

Please have a look at this thread.

Joe

Various Report Workarounds are Wiki-ed as well.

Thank you Joe. I read that & implemented also it works. I want to put some extra fields on the invoice header  like Company phone number TIN & CST number on header. Like wise only I want to put some custom fields on customer header also in INVOICE. So please suggest me how to get it done.

Thank you.

There is a Company field, legal text, that eventually can be used to extend the info. It is written below on the sales invoices.

Eventually you can put the phone number and other stuff below in the address field.

/Joe

I want to add one more field on Company Setup page, I want to add CST No: i  added on GUI or UI form just below the GST No: but unable to sent the data to the table on sye_prefs I want it to place just below the GST_no. So Please can you tell me how to do this.

Thank you

YA its working well , I want to put some lines or boundry on sales invoice like after item code there should be a line likewise only after description also there should be line. So please tell me how to do.

Thank you
Sir Joe

I am sorry atiqure, we normally do not have Resources to help with changing the core. You may use the forum Jobs wanted / Offered for that.

/Joe