Topic: bank account inquiry vs GL Cash balances..does not tie-up..

Hi everyone,

We have uploaded the GL balances as of December 31, 2008, then we have now the current year 2009. How do we manage  to get tied-up with the "bank account inquiry" against GL balances..since in the first place..."bank account inquiry" doesn't have open balance....how are we going to do to get balanced and reconciled both GL and Bank inquiry"....

this is my solution...pls check...

ALL Transactions found in the Bank_trans we will export it to csv file...then, we are going to add the one(1) line item per cash account and filled-up the corresponding table's field requirements including the sequence number(incremental line item number)...after that re-upload the csv data file....

Pls. have some advice for us...

Thanks

joelg

Re: bank account inquiry vs GL Cash balances..does not tie-up..

Hello,
I'm not sure if I fully understand what you are trying to achieve by doing these operations. You said you have uploaded the GL balances. How?
If you have done this by a script directly through phpMyAdmin or so, then you have no sync with the bank accounts.
Normally you enter you opening balances (as admin) in the GL Journal entries the first time you start your company accounting. If you have entered an account that is also a bank account, the bank account balance will also be updated.
Therefore it is a good idea to first create your bank accounts.
The bank account reconciliation feature is implemented in release 2.1 Beta, that are shipping next week.
It is a little dangerous to export/import data outside FrontAccounting due to the relationship between the data tables in the database.

/Joe