Topic: Almost I fed up of this translation

Before mentioning the below problem I’ll let you know that I have been read all of the posts related to ready and new languages and how should I upload it.

After long, long days of struggling hopefully I installed Ubuntu server with host management applications and lots of other applications that can host FA and other CMS’s.

When logging in, can install whatever modules want, except languages. Even when I click to download a new language I see it does (through FTP) but in action there is no new language. I made a new language but every time trying to upload it doesn’t work, I really don’t know what to do else. Even for the sake of certainty I put host permissions on web directory to 777 and see that all downloads through FA working well.

Here is system diagnose logs: Missing system locale: IQ.utf-8,Missing ../lang/rg_IQ/LC_MESSAGES/ rg_IQ.mo translation file. Missing system locale: rg_IQ.utf8

Now I really don’t know what to do? Is there a way to do it programmatically? Because whatever I do it backs to English language.

Please help me to find a solution for that, I have been working on for about 3 months.

Regards'
John

Thanks to all FA contributors smile
Asghar

Re: Almost I fed up of this translation

BTW, I regenerate system locals for my needed language. But it didn't work....
I think my requested language might not supported by Ubuntu server

Asghar

I installed locale language in Ubuntu server but still no result!!! sad(

Asghar

locale configured! other languages working well but still I can't upload mine language ... at the time of uploading shows "yellow triangle".
Even I upload manually and set 'installed_languages.inc' as instruction mentioned also set whole directory permissions to 777.

Still I am looking ugly sad

Asghar

OK! for more accuracy I update old PO file with new empty file! only one thing remain!

1- can't upload PO & MO file
2- after manually uploading and setting 'installed_languages.inc' file see nothing work! WHY?

Dear Joe & Janusz help please!

Asghar

Still helpless sad

Asghar

I'm not going to turn this into a rant about the translations and the way they are handled. I'll just point out that the lack of responses in this thread illustrates why this area is such a mess.

Now, a few constructive (?) suggestions.

Are the files themselves OK? From my brief attempt at translation, I remember some problems with the po editors I tried. (I'm not sure if the lines were too long or they used the wrong newline characters, but there was something preventing the files from being properly read.)

I don't know if any of this goes into the database, but if so I'd expect it to be confused by data in a different charset. (By the time you install a COA, I can certainly see it being an issue.)

8 (edited by asgare 07/23/2013 08:46:14 pm)

Dear tm

Thanks for your reply, at least you were the one that gave me your best of experience in this matter.

To let you know I have a test Windows lab, before uploading to Ubuntu server I test it many times.
Finally for the sake of mine assurance I installed a sample language which have coincidence with our language (from charset and style view point) trough the FA, then downloaded to my computer. After that I tried to upload same language the I downloaded and see again couldn't upload that. I did this on working languages but didn't work.

I worked on FA for about 5 months, and spend a lot of money. I can't let it go smile

Asghar

So it works under Windows? If so, there could (still) be a problem with the locales installed on the Linux server. Or perhaps an encoding issue? Is the file really in UTF8 format? Could it be that the Windows server is more forgiving about newlines or byte order marks than the Linux one? Or does the file get mangled by an FTP client trying to convert it while uploading in ASCII mode? That could explain why downloading and then uploading a file breaks it.

And if nothing else works, you could always run it on a Windows server... hmm

Please make a search in the forum about your problem.
tm describes your problem very well, but you could try to search the forum for similar issues.

/Joe

For the matter of certainty and assurance I opened only po file in a virtual Ubuntu desktop environment and compiled with Poedit. Then tried to upload via FA, again it didn't worked. The po file charset is UTF-8 and I set it on po file too.

Even I did one more thing too, installed one default UTF-8 based FA language, then download it to my Ubuntu desktop and tried to upload that, saw again didn't work.

Mr. joe
I really read FA forum thoroughly but didn't find any thing that work on me. This issue might be a very simple things to others but for me that prepared many pre-requirements is too much.

Asghar

If the compiled files work under Windows, then I would work from there. Methodically. The version of poedit (?) I found in the Ubuntu repo was broken, and the later versions wouldn't build under 12.04. (It may work better with later releases, but I can't be bothered with the bleeding edge anymore.) Anyway, I suggest you leave that out for now, rather than confusing yourself by introducing more potential error sources.

Start by moving the working files to a fresh (and preferably virtual) Ubuntu server, and make a note of anything you do that gets you closer to a working state. File integrity, locales, file/directory ownership and permissions...

Dear tm
I believe on troubleshooting the issue NOT ignoring, but I am going to give up! & conceiving to do it again.
One thing is not digestible to me is that the same language & same charset pre-defined language I can install trough FA but I can't upload it via adding new language. Everything is checked locales, permissions, php version, php.ini configuration and so on. neutral

If I couldn't find an answer within few days I'll start off with Debian server!

Thank you tm smile

Asghar

Found the problem but NOT resolved!
As far as I couldn't solved the problem with Ubuntu server I installed Debian server. After hours of configuration I saw that the problem still persists. I commenced by comparing Windows installation files with Debian installed files, at was there that I found the problem.

In Windows installation there was a PHP file beside PO & MO but I couldn't find it in Linux server. First added my needed language without attaching PO&MO files then copied all Windows files including PO & MO & PHP files and finally set default language manually to the "installed_languages.inc" file.

Still I am wondering on what to do with getText to generate a PHP file beside PO & MO

Thanks for global participation
You All are GRATE

Asghar

The php file in the lang with po and mo files is generated if there is no gettext installed in your php.ini. This generated php file is then used instead of the normal mo file.

Joe

RTFM:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Locale
https://wiki.debian.org/Locale
Janusz