Topic: Importing data from OSCommerce and a Bank into FA

Dear FA Users and developers,

I was looking for a way to import data into FA. One of the posts regarding this topic is 'Importing via CSV - Exposed ! by Qaiser Ikram’. Unfortunately I do not understand what the advantage is as described in that post. As far as I can see it is just a way to prepare the data before importing it with PHPMyAdmin. I use Access to do the same. Just make a ODBC connection (Download the MySQL ODBC connection from www.mysql.org and install it on your local pc) to your database and make the connection from Access to the database (local on a Xampp installation or directly to the web). All the tables are ready for importing any data you like. Just copy past and if necessary multiple table at the same time using a query.

The problem I’m afraid for is inconsistency in the database. With other program’s it is often necessary to upload data to multiple tables at the same time.

Therefore I am looking for a guideline for importing data in FA. For example: When you want to import
1.    GL data then you must be aware of the tables: A, B, C
2.    Banking data then you must be aware of the tables: D, E, F
3.    Items and Inventory then you must be aware of the tables: X, Y, Z
4.    etcetera……

Does anyone got this information?

Thanks

Best regards,

MrFast

Re: Importing data from OSCommerce and a Bank into FA

Yes you are right regarding the relationship. On the download page, documentations, there is an item, Entity Relationsship diagram for 2.0. This presents the database with the master relationships. This is a good start to get that. This combined with the database description on the same page would be of good help for you.
We are going to update this ER diagram and database description for the upcoming release 2.1 as soon as possible.

/joe