Topic: PO # vs. Reference

I am not sure if it is supposed to work this way. To me it looks like a bug... I had a Direct Invoice, so something was generated behind the scene. Fine - that's how I expected.

But now I create a PO. After I complete the entry I can "View" or "Print" the order. On "View" screen I see PO# 6, and reference #5. In the PDF that is generated if I press "Print" I see Purchase Order No.5. Then on delivery and on Invoicing I also see PO# 6. So, is it just a bug in the report that generates PO to send to the vendor?

Also, my accountant is confused by all the reference numbers. Is it fair to say that it is a "technical thing" and the accountant doesn't need to worry about those?

Re: PO # vs. Reference

By using reference numbers instead of real numbers you can create your own number serie. F.i. starting with charactere FA001 and so on.

In config.php you can choose to use the built in numbers or reference numbers when sending the items to your partner.

$print_invoice_no = 0;

Setting this 0 value prints the reference number. Setting it to 1 will print the built in numbers.

/Joe

Re: PO # vs. Reference

Thank you... I was right in the middle of debugging this. I wish I could say that I was very close to resolving it myself - but that probably wouldn't be true smile