Topic: Can't Void PO and PO delivery!!!

Hello Joe,

Please kindly let me know how i can void a Purchase Order and Purchase Order delivery. I tried to do this by going to setup - void transaction. When I try to call up the PO with it transaction no, it returns an error "cant be found or it has been voided".

how do I do this because I have already voided the invoice to this transaction.

Thanks

Popsicles12

Re: Can't Void PO and PO delivery!!!

You can't due to complexity, but you can make a negative Item Adjustment.

/Joe

Hello Joe,

I discovered something very strange from what you told me regarding voiding Purchase Order.
I did as you told me using stock adjustment. To my greatest surprise, i discovered that the stock in the already voided invoice has reversed itself. making it a double deduction. i am somehow confused please check it out. I am using version 2.0.
Now if it is so why does it have to take so many days to reverse because we take stock weekly although we enabled negative stock.
I will get the sceenshots for you to see what I am talking about.
please kindly check this out.

thanks for your continued support.

Popsicles12

Joe is out of office for next 2 weeks. I'm also a little confused - version 2.0 is obsolete since at least March 2009.

Janusz

Hello Janusz,

Sorry about the version error. I am using version 2.2.8. Please check it out. I will really appreciate that. thanks.

popsicles12.

Please upgrade sources to latest 2.2.11 (no db upgrade is needed). We have no resources to provide help or other support for outdated versions.
Janusz

Hello Janusz,

Thanks for your reply.
How do I change automatically the delivery date on the purchase order to reflect the date the purchase order was raised? cos our vendor make delivery of purchase order the same day purchase order is raised.

thanks .
popsicles12

I am using the latest 2.3.16 version and the same error appears"cant be found or it has been voided"  when voiding a received items or purchase order delivery, likewise inventory adjustment has no effect.

The main question is if I entered and received a purchased items like for example 10 units at the price of 100 each and found latter that its actually not received or erroneously encoded, where and how we can adjust and delete them  so that it will not be a part of any inventory reports when we do the pdf view or printing, and remove that erroneous  transaction in the  database system.

To cancel whole purchase order first you have to first all deliveries made against the PO. You can do it suing Setup/Void a Transaction menu option. Then just edit PO for edition, press Cancel Order button and you are done.
Janusz

Hello Janusz,

The PO that I will void is already received and not merely a PO.
I go to SETUP choose the PURCHASE ORDER DELIVERY and then select the PO number that i want to delete error message appears again ""cant be found or it has been voided"

Please help

It seems that it is already voided. You should now be able to go into Purchase Order Inquiry, select the PO for editing and here you should be able to cancel the PO.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

I follow your instruction in detail by going to  Purchase Order Inquiry, select the PO for editing and  cancel the PO but another error message below appears

'This item cannot be deleted because some of it has already been received'

Any help?

Hello Marc,

It seems that there is some kind of catch 22 here. I haven't heard of this behaviour before and cannot reproduce it.

You can remove the delivered fields in the table purch_order_details in your database. You can use phpMyAdmin for doing that. Look up your database (you can find the database name in the file config_db.php). Look for X_purch_order_details, where the X_ is the prefix of the database.
Look up your Purchase Order No of the records. Set the quantity_received and qty_invoiced to 0.

After these operations you should be able to Cancel the Purchase Order in FrontAccounting.

/Joe