1 (edited by sameer_em2000 08/27/2012 07:43:36 am)

Topic: ZEN_IMPORT

good mooningI AM NEW USER WITH FA I AM TRIED TO ACTIVE ZEN_IMPORT EXTENSION AND I DID BUT WHEN I BUSH CREATE TABLE BUTTON FA RETURN  ME DATABASE ERROR : Error creating tableerror code : 1064error message : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 5
sql that failed was :
CREATE TABLE `0_zencart` ( `name` char(15) NOT NULL default "", `value` varchar(100) NOT NULL default "", PRIMARY KEY (`name`)) TYPE=MyISAM

Re: ZEN_IMPORT

Please have a look in another thread about this.

Joe

first thank u very much

i don't understand what u mean

i am not developer i am just accountant if you can  be more clearly that's will be nice

Please have a look at existing threads before asking a similar question.

This thread handles your question as well.

https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=3272

Joe

Hello sameer_em2000,

I have seen the same issue. You can fix this by changing the file:
/modules/zen_import/includes/zen_orders_db.inc

line 30:
Type=MyISAM";

to
ENGINE=MyISAM";

This should work.

Cheers,
Richard

the same error so i created 0_zencart table using phpmyadmin and login again to FA it work bust with error " faild to connect to zen cart database "

If your zen cart is located at a hosting provider, you may want to check with them to find out if the DB server is accessible from the "outside". Some hosting companies may prevent access due to the shared server environment.

I also want to mention here that the zen_import module is great to import customers (it creates the customer and branch in FA). However, the orders import is limited. It only creates order headers (customer, address, order total, etc.) in the FA sales_orders table, but the line items are not imported. So, an order is partially created in the DB, but you are not able to find those orders through the UI, because of the missing line items.
I guess this is due to the fact that Zen Cart allows product attributes without specifying a unique SKU per attribute. You could include some code in the zen_orders_db.inc (if you know your way around) to include the line items in the FA sales_order_details table, but the zen cart products_model will need to exactly match the FA stock_id. If you have products with attributes in zen cart, then this will not work well.
I believe there will be a solution to add SKU by attribute in one of the next zen cart releases.

Cheers,
Richard

web1kreativ wrote:

However, the orders import is limited. It only creates order headers (customer, address, order total, etc.) in the FA sales_orders table, but the line items are not imported. So, an order is partially created in the DB, but you are not able to find those orders through the UI, because of the missing line items.

All items have to be in FrontAccounting before you can import orders from the Zen Cart database. When adding items in FA, the Item Code of FA has to match the Product ID of Zencart.

I've done some work on this module recently and it seems to be working quite well. There are a few quirks and limitations, but is quite useful for getting your ZC orders into FA.

I read about ZEN_IMPORT EXTENSION

Is this available for download somewhere, or is this the 3 party that is for sale?

Please inform, thanks

Alvin

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

You can see if it is available from the repository by selecting Setup tab, install/activate extensions.

Alvin - please let me know if you have problems with it. I have it working on my system, but I think there are still a few bugs.

@ckrosco
If you have any bugs found and fixed in zen import module, please send the patched code to us, so we can make it available for other users via FA repo.
Janusz