Topic: SALES INVOICING WITH TWO LINE ITEM TYPES = INVENTORY AND NON-INVENTORY

Hi Everyone,

How do we manage in invoicing with two different line item types(inventory and non-inventory) because there's a possibility in our company that in our sales we include item sold and other charges or even a sales not really a form part of inventory....we use to combine this sales for the purpose of 1 sales invoice to be issued to customer....As what i had observed Front Accounting sales invoicing is particular only in inventory item and not for non-inventory...just an observation...

Thanks,

Joelg

Re: SALES INVOICING WITH TWO LINE ITEM TYPES = INVENTORY AND NON-INVENTORY

Your observation is correct. We have no so called free lines to enter only with a price.
But you can set these services up as, yes, service and there will be no inventory handling on them. You can name the item units in a suitable way. You can always override the prices as you probably already know.

/Joe

Thanks, Joe...just a clarification...if i created an item for services....the problem is we can't edit the line item descriptions...right?..and i think this is very hard for me to identify what kind of transactions may it have....and i think the only thing that i need is...FA should have the ability to edit the line item descriptions and i think this is not a violation of accounting rule and one thing more this is very common feature to any accounting softwares.....what do you think.....

Best Regards,

Joelg

When you start a document, f.i. a direct invoice, there is a built in search fascility to find the correct item records, so there are no room for an entrybox for placing your own text, but!

If you start with a direct delivery and use the standard item with the standard text and after processing the delivery go to invoice against sales delivery, you can override the item text and it will remain on the record. The same if you start with a sales order, then you can correct the text on the delivery and so on.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your reply...i tested the process and i highly appreciate the result....but i have a comment...our sales usually go directly to direct invoice..is it possible you can do editing in Direct sales invoice?....considering the fact that it is a long process for us...kindly considered also the volume of transactions to be encoded.....

Best regards,

Joelg

Hello again,
We have implemented this feature in 2.1 Beta that are going to ship soon. It will work via the edit link when you add a line. Pressing the edit link pops down the line and the description field is editable as well.
This feature is established for all direct sales documents. We have set a limit of 150 characters. It can be increased up to 255 characters if needed.
The document prints are also fixed to handle multiple line descriptions.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your positive reply....when this will be implemented?

Thanks,

Joelg

We have plans to ship this end of month, if everything is ok.

/Joe